Honor gear iLvL too low

Honor gear is just too low for time spent. As a solo player I do not have the means to farm conquest or M+ gear. After a couple of weeks of grinding honor in random battlegounds, I discover you can simply purchase 197 gear from the covenant vendor while upgrade cost are extremely low. This oversight was my own fault but damn…what’s the point in having honor gear if it matches the basically free covenant gear?

Also, Its just far too low. There should be a power jump between honor and top conquest gear no doubt. But I don’t think it should should be 30 iLvLs. You can come to randoms and just one shot someone who plainly does not have the friends to play with in order to sniff the 200+ gear.

12 Likes

You should try swapping out your pve pieces that are below 197 for honor gear and finish upgrading the honor gear you have. You’re weapon should always be the highest ilevel you can get, so save your conquest for it.

Upgrading all of you pieces that are below 197 will put you just about 200 with all the pieces you have that are above that already, and should put your verse easily over 20%. This will help with bgs quite a bit.

And maybe im wrong but you dont have a medallion? Is that a thing with humans now?

1 Like

Thanks for the advice. Yea, as human I can go double offensive trinkets. Just have no fear break.

2 Likes

You don’t need friends. I you can just join a random group. If they like you, they keep inviting you.

2 Likes

My experience with groups is they require a rating. I could pug yolos but that usually takes a good while to get into and falls apart quickly.

My troubles were just part of the post. If the lvl 7 honor gear, which is not an insubstantial amount of time invested, were only 20 lvls below conquest instead of 30+ we could be competitive with like minded players while also not being at a complete disadvantage to rated players.

So there’s a problem with the ilvl of honor gear you’re not thinking of. If you increase honor gear to 207, that’s above normal mode raiding and only 6 ilvls below heroic. It’s also on par with Mythic+12 dungeons.

People shouldn’t be able to farm random BG’s to get that kind of gear.

1 Like

Why not?

3 Likes

Blizzard has intentionally designed Shadowlands to give solo players no path for progression beyond T1 gear unless you want to pay for carries. I’d suggest canceling your sub and giving them feedback as to why you are canceling.

8 Likes

essentially free normal mode raid gear and you guys are still complaining.

templates sucked and was communism.

if you want good gear to stomp on noobs and alts with go put in the work and climb either rated bgs or arenas

7 Likes

Imagine complaining about lack of progress for solo players in an MMO.

1 Like

Pure projection. This is your motivation, clearly, but it isn’t mine.

2 Likes

I think free 197 gear is quite generous

1 Like

PvP gearing this xpac has been amazing. It’s way better than pve atm. Thanks Blizz for bringing the pvp vendor back.

2 Likes

are you people in 197 honor gear playing pvp at all? because with that gear you are nuked in regular bgs and more so in rated, pretty much 1 or 2 shot.

3 Likes

This late into the season the honor set is no longer competitive in rated PvP.

Honestly I’d like to see the honor gear rank 7 raised up to 203 ilvl, and raise up the unranked conquest gear to 207. This would close the gap slightly, which is IMO way too large currently.

6 Likes

I’m dying this is so hilarious

but is he wrong tho

Imagine thinking there’s such thing as “solo” pvp. If you’re playing with people or against people, that is group content.

The honor gear ilvl isn’t too low. 197 is pretty high for honor gear. The issue is how much of a power difference there is between someone who is 200 ilvl and someone who is 215 ilvl. The dps and hp scaling this expac is crazy.

2 Likes

The season isn’t going anywhere. We literally have months to climb and get gear. If you are persistent, and you look for groups around your CR, join discord and communicate (and stay chill during losses) you will climb. This is my first time ever touching RBGs and I went from 1600-1800 in one day, then 1800-2100 in another day.
-Find people who don’t tilt.
-Make sure your team is vocal in comms.
-Find people you enjoy (or at least don’t mind) spending a few hours in Discord with.
-Have fun. Depending on who you ask, PvP is in the best or worst spot it’s ever been in. Either way, it’s definitely not boring.

Good luck.

1 Like