Honor from HKs (honor kills) is still bugged

So, when pre-patch hit honor from HKs was giving everyone the honor gained as if the person was a Scout over their actual rank. With all the commotion going on with the Honor rates from BG wins n such, when people tried to bring this up, it was overlooked as people just being aggro for the big honor nerf.

In original TBC it wasn’t like this, everyone would gain honor from HKs depending upon what rank the person held. As of right now, the game is still counting everyone as a scout. Doesn’t matter if who you kill is a high warlord or grand marshal, u still get the minimum honor as if they were a scout. I feel this is the reason why the honor rates feels as nerfed as it is, it isn’t because of the honor rates from games, it is from the kills themselves that have been nerfed from original TBC.

I hope you guys look into this matter.

everyone replying, please keep to the topic of honor from HKs. Don’t want this to be overlooked because of people just wanting to complain.

Some sort of proof would be helpful.

I’ve read through all of the patch notes for the duration of TBC as well as all of the blue posts from that era of WoW.

I’ve also tried to comb through YouTube for old BGs relevant to patch 2.4.3.

Unfortunately I couldn’t really come up with anything that showed actual numbers besides one singular blue post that has already been discussed when the original player posting here about honor being wrong caused people’s heads to implode.

Blue post:
https://www.bluetracker.gg/wow/topic/us-en/3547877767-honor-and-battleground-holiday-weekends/

As far as I can tell the only patch notes that mention anything to do with bonus honor are:

Bonus Honor in Alterac Valley is now only awarded during the battle for destroying enemy towers and slaying the enemy Captain. Upon conclusion of the battle, bonus honor is also awarded for intact towers, a surviving Captain, and for victory in the battle. The total bonus honor awarded should be similar to the previous total.

The points awarded from capturing the flag in Eye of the Storm is now increase based on the number of bases the capturing team owns.

Warsong Gulch, Arathi Basin, Eye of the Storm:

Additional bonus honor is now awarded upon conclusion of the battle.

The points awarded from capturing the flag now increase based on the number of bases the capturing teams owns.

There are never any mentions of these bonuses being reverted or nerfed throughout the course of the entire expansion, but without some sort of archived evidence on what the numbers were it is hard to make the argument that honor rates are incorrect when Blizzard says they are accurate to the reference client.

Here is a link to the original AndyCloud post that contains different archived videos, but iirc some were disproven as private server footage.

We are winning too much honor points per BG

There are quite a few very good comments in that original thread - which has since been closed - that provide evidence to support that we are getting accurate honor right now. Specifically from Delimicus.

IMO the bigger issue is that Blizzard allowed people to capitalize on incorrect honor values twice and gain a massive advantage. I don’t really know what the solution is at this point besides to just let it go - Blizzard should have wiped honor at TBCC launch or tracked down every game played during that original 10x honor bonus 14 hour window and adjusted the rates to reflect what everyone else who missed that window got - the same for players who capped flags in EOTS before it was nerfed.

They also should have adjusted honor gains to reflect the accelerated pacing of pre patch and arena launch.

It is my opinion that these two oversights along with the paid boost have significantly compromised the integrity of Season 1 - to the point of a significant number of average players losing interest in arenas altogether.

1 Like

Blue post from original TBC pre-patch:

Blue post from TBC showing honor from a level 70 vs 70 kill is 20.9:

Vidcaps from TBC of all different ranks awarding 20.9 honor:

Honor is split between raid members:

Example of honor being split two ways:

That says release of patch 2.3. Thats a bit of the ways into the game as the usual patches of release are .0’s ala 2.0.
We are only on 2.4.3 tuning. Not the rest of the game. I believe it will change to more honor as the game goes on.

2.4.3 is end of tbc tuning.

And that’s the thing, the HKs weren’t changed until the third patch, initial release of TBC, it was not like this.

Read the blue posts. Read.

Dec 21, 2006, 1:55 a.m.
Obviously the pop-up ranks are still showing, but as the ranking system has been removed I’m not sure if its even possible for it to count towards anything in the new honor system.

The original TBC pre-patch had display issues and big system changes almost always have bugs:

There is one video showing ranks apparently affecting honor in the early days of the pre-patch and the blue posts confirm they had reports of that and it would be looked into.

There has been zero evidence showing honor from a kill rewarding more than 20.9 in level 70 PvP combat in early original TBC. Zero evidence. Hundreds of screenshots and videos of solo kills rewarding 20.9 honor.

This denial of facts is getting a little bizarre.

did you look at what he posted?

It’s only class tuning though. 2.4.3 didn’t need a Kara attune. You currently do. That’s the difference

Have you been able to find anything that confirms bonus honor for flag caps in EOTS is accurate?

The points awarded from capturing the flag now increase based on the number of bases the capturing teams owns.

Bonus Honor in Alterac Valley is now only awarded during the battle for destroying enemy towers and slaying the enemy Captain. Upon conclusion of the battle, bonus honor is also awarded for intact towers, a surviving Captain, and for victory in the battle. The total bonus honor awarded should be similar to the previous total.

The points awarded from capturing the flag in Eye of the Storm is now increase based on the number of bases the capturing team owns.

Warsong Gulch, Arathi Basin, Eye of the Storm:

Additional bonus honor is now awarded upon conclusion of the battle.

Are there any references anywhere to confirm we are getting correct bonus honor based on these patch notes?

Points.

As in, the more bases you have the more points you get for capturing the flag, not honor. Flag caps in EOTS don’t give honor and it was a bug when it was giving honor in TBC Classic.

https://web.archive.org/web/20071221211847/http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=3547877767&sid=1

You can also see plenty of old video showing the honor from objectives during early TBC. Blurry, but you can make out 125 honor for the Alliance who won:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.