Honor farming?

What’s the best way to farm honor, is it just battlegrounds? i’m only at level 153 so it’s gonna take forever to get to 500 lol

I guess BG’s, there are quests in some that award honor in AV, Ashran and Wintergrasp too.

But the real question is: why would anyone want to farm honor these days?

to get the mounts : /

I’ll point ya in the right direction OP…

Fastest method: have a bunch of Alliance alts and win little bgs (aka 10-15 mans), a single little bg win as Alliance gives 700-1000 honor points due to the enlistment/faction imbalance bonus, and each match rarely goes longer than 15 minutes.

Even the losses give like 450-600 honor points, almost as much as a Horde win lol. Both mathematically and in terms of time-efficiency, Alliance little bgs are the single fastest way to farm honor points.

Middle-of-the-pack method: just play bgs on a regular basis (most bg’ers/regulars get their honor via this method). If you play bgs regularly you will just “passively” get honor.

Slowest method: playing Horde epic bgs

You will notice that all of the dudes that have 1000+ honor level have a bunch of Alliance alts that they rotate thru (their toon names are similar, so you can tell it’s the same guy).

3 Likes

Battleground week starts this upcoming reset for 50% extra honor gained. You already have the other thing you need down, which is be Alliance. We get a bunch of extra honor (50% more) So basically farm a bunch of bgs this upcoming week on your warrior and you’ll be set.

2 Likes

I do battlegrounds almost everyday as alliance and i’m only 162. Now, the warsong brawl gives about 1,000 honor a win (on alliance) You should probably farm that bg. Also tomorrow starts the battleground event which gives 50% extra honor, so alliance would get an extra 100% from doing bgs.

2 Likes

Appreciate the info y’all, this sounds painful though, like on the weekends if i bg non stop i might be able to get a couple of levels, but i guess there isn’t any way around it at this stage except to buckle down and grind it out

2 Likes

there used to be a bug that people were able to farm honor levels, which is why you see some at 700 but other than that everyone is on the lower side

It took me 3 years to get to honor level 500.

2 Likes

do random bg’s with all your time in game. there’s a few 110 with over 500 honor level.

That’s a yikes from me dawg, holy lmao

In almost 1.5 years , I only managed 75 honor.

There’s a small handful of players already cracked 1000+ honor level :laughing:

500 isn’t even that impressive anymore, a lot of casuals are starting to hit 500 or coming close to it recently. I’m seeing a good number of players in the low-mid 400s, so they’ll probably hit 500 in the not-too-distant future.

I do pay attention to these things, although I mainly play epic bgs so it seems to be a different playerbase than the playerbase that mainly plays 10-15 man bgs.

Play a few epic bgs this week and see for yourself; I’m sure you’ll see/run into one of these players with 1000+ honor level.

I’m about to hit 152, but I only got serious about honor farming a few months ago. I strive to pvp every night but sometimes I miss a day.

Having a lot of alts doing the epic BG quests helps. You just have to keep at it. Alliance side is the way to go really. Faster queues and such. One day, I’ll get to 400.

The honor system was designed to take years to progress through. Yes, some people have exploited their way to 500 - but many of those methods are gone now. Fastest way is to pvp on alliance and go especially hard on pvp week. my guess is 3-4 years at that rate.

I look forward to your update post in 4 years OP.