Honor calculations

Honor and HK’s shouldn’t be cached. It is important for people to have accurate information in this regard. Retrieving numbers from multiple databases and adding them together doesn’t require complex programming. Sounds to me like you need to hire more competent programmers.

2 Likes

Figured I should report these:

Earned 44k honor last week with a standing of 141 and Rank 3. Inspected multiple people with less honor earned and lower standing who had hit Rank 4 or higher. Inspecting someone as I type this who earned 17k, placed 602 and made it about 33% through Rank 4. Either my display or my rank is complete busted - judging by the ranking of people around me, I’m guessing it’s rank.

Also logged in today to notice that the 350-ish HKs I earned yesterday have completely disappeared. My total from 48 hours ago remains in the “Yesterday” listing, and my total for “Today” is zero.

Pretty messy, guys. Need to take a good look at this.

• Vincibull-Herod

same issue here. posting on an alt, but main on classic is missing a massive number of HKs / honor kills, and it is certainly not a diminishing returns issue as i’m roaming zones and never killing the same player more than twice. (most of my pvp is done between 4 am and 12 pm pacific time)

PLEASE FIX THIS!

This is not fixed. It is not being calculated properly. It is not a client side display issue. It is not a caching issue.

Yesterday I solo killed a 60 rogue, We actually died at the exact same time, The combat log said both of us died to eachothers melee hit (no dots).
I didn’t get the HK, even though it stated I had killed the player in the combat log.

Is this a bug? should it even be possible for this to happen?
I assume there was just a serverside /roll as to who got the honor?

post another thread amused, that’s a huge bug if its true.

I lost 50+ kills between my Today and Yesterday reset. And this isn’t a roll over issue as I got them yesterday morning, not evening. As well as I lost them from my This Week’s total. Yet somehow my This Week’s kills and my Last Week’s kills don’t total my Lifetime kills, almost as if it’s 50+ short. Weird.

I am missing Honor Points for 349 of my hk’s… Literally a whole day and a half of solo PvP. Has there been any updates on this issue?

I posted on a separate thread, but just wanted to confirm I’m missing about 6-7k honor from yesterday.

cant confirm your findings, but can comfirm the honor gained for the week is lower than expected, and im a nocturnal player and almost always play during the hours you mentioned

Bumping this until we get a response to the actual issue here. Not just display nonsense. People are being cheated out of hours of hard honor grinding.

Got cheated out of 4k honor myself after pulling an all nighter.

So glad the beta test phase was so small, that they didn’t have this problem. I still haven’t gotten my kills tallied for saturday, and it is now monday morning.

I feel like there is so many people participating in the honor system now, that their computers can’t crunch the numbers in any reasonable time.

Yeah, about 25k of my honor from saturday still isn’t reflected in my “This Week” total after reset this morning. I’m roughly ~20k short of my estimated (with diminishing returns) for the week. Will set me back a week of ranking as well. I will be extremely disappointed if they are unable to retroactively recalc and fix honor standings.

1 Like

this is more than a display issue. I have multiple addons and weakauras that keep track of total honor, honor/session, etc. I’m missing over 34k honor for the week from between the hours of 3-8am on multiple days this week.

3am pst or est or server?

I personally can’t pin it down that specifically. I haven’t been trying to specifically test the problem. I just do a lot of early hour play and have notice that I consistently loose the kills (and honor) for hks made in the early hours. The loss window may even vary daily a little bit if it is caused by job run times rather than a specific time embedded in the code.

server time, i’m EST but I play on PST server

Oh, I remember. It was thanks to those hours of downtime that I could actually get 8 hours of sleep on Tuesday back then. Even more hours (usually 10-12+) on patch days with extended maintenance. If it wasn’t for those extra hours every week I probably would of went [more] insane doing the rank 14 grind.

Anyways, people are pointing out that it seems like the honor bugs out between 4AM (US Central time), back when the honor used to reset in vanilla, until about 9AM. Hopefully that helps Blizzard pin down and fix this issue ASAP.

I didn’t notice how old a bunch of the blue posts are. Looks like this just happened again today and yesterday. Lots of people complaining about lost HKs.