Honor calculations

It says “This Week” 33 kills 3185 honor, last week 0, lifetime 67 kills. I have no rank at all… doesn’t make sense. I’m missing 34 kills and I got no credit for the other ones. I have 0 kills today… I PVP’d Thursday night and Sunday night solo. I was averaging about 100 Honor/Kill. I see people with 2000 honor on my server that hit Corporal.

1 Like

Yah, cause we care about the HKs. Not cause now with a full day of no pvp trinkets those with them pulled up ahead with 50k honor

1 Like

The restart didn’t fix anything for me at least (think it fixed others though). My rank is still bugged, nice Blizzard. :slight_smile:

Fixed for me, sorry for all those still effected.

I’m still rank 3.99 with 300hk’s missing, Blizz please.

We believe this is caused by the same caching issue, and we’re continuing to investigate and make improvements so we can be certain. It’s confusing because the Honor pane is pulling the data from multiple sources, each of which is cached separately, so that leads to discrepancies in the display.

Everything we’ve seen so far indicates that the data is there, and is being processed correctly. The game just isn’t always using the latest version of the data, and we’re working on a fix so that you’ll always see the correct values after logging out and back in again.

If you can believe it, 15 years ago, when World of Warcraft first introduced the PvP Honor system, we had to leave the game offline for multiple hours while the weekly honor calculations completed. We’ve updated things so that’s not necessary anymore, but we need to iron out a few kinks to get this working properly.

I hope that clarifies things a bit for everybody. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I hope what you are saying is correct, I thought it might have to do with my server transfer? Seems my kills before the transfer were not brought into the rank but showing on my Lifetime. Maybe this can help you narrow it down, thank you for the response!

Yeah I am still missing honor from Saturday.

That does help, but unfortunately, Character Transfers will not transfer your kills from your source realm, because its not fair to the players on your destination realm for you to bring in kills from a different environment into that week’s standings. The kills are still recorded, they just don’t count on your destination server. This was true historically as well, and is not a bug.

The character transfer will bring over your current rank, and progress toward the next rank (the results of each weekly calculation), just not the kills that you’ve achieved so far during that week. The best time to start a transfer, if you’re concerned about PvP ranks is immediately after you get your new rank.

We’re continuing to work on improvements so you’ll see the new rank reflected in game as soon as possible after the weekly reset.

Thank you for this clarification. This is what I was expecting actually, but the character migration page doesn’t explain this clearly. With this explanation it seems my stats are currently correct. I wasn’t ranked yet before the transfer so I understand now why none of that was brought over for this week. Appreciate your time on this and responses.

Hello,
I thought something was up with my hk’s and honor but after coming here I guess I’m not the only one. I spent a lot of time yesterday pvping, a lot of it solo, and gathered over 200hks. After the update today it shows that i only have 120hks. Since the majority of these are solo kills, over all I’m missing quite a bit of honor and this is after the fix that occurred on the 20th. Just wondering if these will eventually be updated or if I have lost out on the honor.

2 Likes

Im having a similar issue. After reset today all my HK’s from yesterday didn’t count. Would like to see if anyone else has this issue as the other two players in my party also received 0 honor calculations from yesterday

Did not gain any honor from todays reset either, the HKs have been added to my lifetime total but they dont appear on my ‘yesterdays kills’ tab, only the kills I gained from the day before.
Im very confused

4 Likes

I am about half a second from uninstalling over this. YOU CLEARLY STATED THAT HONOR WOULD BE TRANSFERRED WITH YOUR CHARACTER. The real problem here is that you either do not know how or do not care how to adjust transferred honor to the moves. I don’t even have a trinket at this point over this on an imbalanced server where you’re getting ganked at a flight path.

I agree with you on this. I don’t mind that honor was not transferred with migration, but they did not state this clearly. It actually says your stuff will transfer. The dev is saying your rank will transfer so do your migration after the week reset, they need to be more straight forward. If they were, then people like us wouldn’t be on the forums asking.

Long story short: They should of gave us a heads up so we could of transferred after that Monday weekly reset. They screwed a lot of us by this, and the answer is you won’t get them back. It’s depressing, especially when you are transferring to help out server population, you should be rewarded and not screwed.

1 Like

I solo/duo farmed up 282HKs last night and logged around 10PM CST. I just logged in and it says my daily total is 282HK and my yesterday total is from the day prior. This does not appear to be fixed.

2 Likes

So at a moment’s notice… you just decide that honor won’t be transferred directly contrasting your initial transfer statement in the TOS. At a BARE MINIMUM… the rank and honor from your transferred realm should have been applied on the realm you transferred from ie… you were pitted against the people from your transferring server… PROBLEM SOLVED. Now many of us are sitting here witn NO trinket and no title at all.

Completely agree with you here and let’s hope they fix it. I’m just confident at this point we won’t get anything back, I lost over 2K kills myself.

I am also having an issue where my honor is not being counted.

When I logged for the evening (well before reset time) yesterday my HKs were 505. When I woke up this morning, only 267 HKs registered and the honor correlated suggests that the HKs was not counted at all. Only 13k honor. Previous days doing the same grind I would get ~25k.

Lifetime HKs - 4878
Last Week HKs - 3445
This Week HKs - 497
Yesterday HKs - 267
Today HKs - 146

If you subtract everything from my lifetime total, I am short 523 HKs.

I am missing all HK from the 19.11.19 which are 475 HK and around 15k honor this was an entire day of grinding as a warlock gm response was a link to this post and the issue is still not fixed after server reset and update, please provide some feedback to an eta.