Honest question about peripherals used

Do keyboard turners and touchpad users still exist? I’m trying to settle a debate with my raiding guild.

i still turn with the A and D keys, because my UI is so cluttered that mouse clicks often don’t register, particularly for moving the camera and mouse turning.

i only use the touchpad on my laptop when the external mouse goes completely kaput

1 Like

Well, of course I know him . He’s me.

2 Likes

Can’t get enough people to decisively tell one way or the other :confused:

What is a keyboard turner?

I use WASD to move, A and D move me left and right they do not turn me at all I use my mouse to turn. My brother on the other hand uses the QWEASD to move i.e. he uses A and D to turn left and right.

I have played with my trackpad before since I use my MacBook Pro to play WoW and didn’t have a mouse before. It works quite well once you get used to it there’s really no problem there but it does take time to master.

1 Like

I’m 50/50 keyboard/mouse turning. depending where my hand is.

uses the keys on your keyboard to turn

Specifically to turn.

Same. I use to play on touchpad when I had a laptop. I dunno how I played FPS those days…

I see quite a lot of people still who turn slowly as if they’re holding down the A or D key, so i’m going to wager that it’s still fairly common. I personally use W forward, strafe QE and mouse for turn

2 Likes

Yes, and these days you can adjust to turning faster with “/console turnspeed ####”

These days even gamepads can be used. But please do learn your console commands for camera speeds as well for them.

/console SET cameraYawMoveSpeed “#####” for left and right
/console SET cameraPitchMoveSpeed “####” for up and down.

There is a max setting for all console commands listed here. I think there is a wiki with the max setting. Setting them on higher then max will cancel out the command.

to enable gamepads it’s
/console GamePadEnable 1

Here is a thread with instructions for gamepad support;

Keyboard turning for sure there is. 100%. IDK about touchpad. I don’t use the keyboard to turn unless I have autorun on and am eating with the other hand. A and D are strafe but the arrow keys are still bound to turn.

1 Like

I’m a keyboard turner I think, I’ve never changed any of the default keybinds. Sometimes those quick pivots without moving come clutch for targeting.

I only knew one person to utilize a trackball instead of a mouse, but that is how he computed all along