Holy Shock mouseover macro help needed

Hello,

I am trying to create a Holy Shock macro that allows me to do 2 things:

• cast Holy Shock on a raid member by mousing over their raid frame
  • cast Holy Shock on an enemy when I have an enemy unit selected as my target

The problem I am having is that when I have an enemy unit as my target, sometimes Holy Shock will cast on a friendly unit if I accidentally place my mouse cursor over their character in the world.

This is the current macro I am using:

#showtooltip Holy Shock
/cast [@mouseover,help,nodead][exists,nodead][@player]Holy Shock

If anyone knows how to fix this problem I am having, I would be VERY grateful!

1 Like

So basically you’re hoping for a conditional that only listens to “mouseover” if its a raidframe and not a character? I’m not sure that exists.

1 Like

Yessir, I guess that’s what I was looking for. Darn, that’s too bad to hear that it doesn’t exist. Thanks for getting back to me though. :slight_smile:

I’m not saying it doesn’t exist! But I’ve never heard of it. Maybe there’s an addon that can help you.

Thank you! I sure hope so! You wouldn’t happen to know how to make something like this auto-self cast on myself when I don’t have a target or a mouseover, would you?

#showtooltip Holy Light
/cast [@mouseover,help,nodead][exists,nodead][@player,@target]Holy Light

/cast [exists]Holy Light; [@player]Holy Light

First it checks if you have a target to cast Holy Light. If that fails it casts Holy Light on yourself. This is also automatically done by the game if you check the “Auto Self Cast” option.

1 Like

I wanted it to also work as priority mouseover, so if I have a mouseover, it will cast there first - but cast on me WITHOUT a mouseover. Any clue?

/cast [@mousever,help,exists]Holy Light; [@player]Holy Light

If you’re hovering your mouse over a friend you cast Holy Light on them. Otherwise you Holy Light yourself.

1 Like

For Holy Shock. Hold down your right mouse button (which hides your cursor) to force cast on your target.

For Holy Light. Make sure you have Interface > Combat > Auto Self Cast enabled.

2 Likes

Thank you! Your Holy Light macro worked! I wish there was some way to avoid mouseovers in the game world from working with that Holy Shock macro. Any idea of an addon that might function in that way (only mouseovers on raid frames work, while mouseovers in the game world are ignored)? Thanks!

Clique maybe.

#showtooltip
/cast [@mouseover,help,nodead] holy shock
/cast [mod:shift, @party1, nodead][mod:ctrl, @party2, nodead][nomod, @player][] holy shock

This is the macro I use on all my healers, the only aggravating part is that it makes it so you can’t use holy shock or penance offensively because they’re the only two heals in the game that are like that. I’d kill to have a macro that could do what this one does AND let me use those spells on enemy targets.

#showtooltip
/cast [mod:shift,@party1] [mod:ctrl,@party2] [@mouseover,exists,nodead] [] Holy Shock
3 Likes

You’re my hero! <3 I’ve been searching for years for this macro!

MVP, thank you so much omg

1 Like

Im 3 years too late but if you are still looking for a macro, or are even still playing the game
Been using this macro since wrath, or was it mop? I cant remember.
#showtooltip
/cast [@mouseover,help,nodead][exists,nodead][@player]Holy Shock

• Have a friendly target but heal the mouseover friendly frame or player :white_check_mark:
  • Heal a friendly target when having no mouseover :white_check_mark:
  • Hostile target but heal the mouseover friendly player or frame :white_check_mark:
  • Damage hostile target when no mouseover :white_check_mark:
  • Hostile target but heal you when mouseover yourself :white_check_mark:
  • Heal yourself with no target or mouseover :white_check_mark:
  • Hostile target but damage mouseover hostile :x: