Holy priests unite!

Don’t give up on your class yet! Even if method tells you it’s not good. If you enjoy it play it! You got this!

4 Likes

Fight the good fight. We discs support you. PRIEST HEALING SPECS MATTER.

3 Likes

Awhh :heartpulse::heartpulse::heartpulse: much love
I’d be on my holy priests rn if blizzard would let me change my freakin character lmao

I sometimes go onto other class forums for classes that are doing well, it’s funny to see none of them complaining, one day we might get that.

3 Likes

Why isn’t it letting you change? Like a race change kind of thing?

There’s actually a few people complaining about it in general so I decided to make this forum on a positive note,

And no haha, it won’t let me switch my character on these forums for some reason

1 Like

Yay! I did it! This is my main :slight_smile:

1 Like

I mean, Method did make good points about why Holy is the weakest healing spec in the game for Raids and M+.

We can still do HPS to do lower content like Normal and Heroic raiding but I don’t want to be the reason my group doesn’t complete content becuase I died to not having a self-defensive, a tank-defensive, utility for the raid, or enough damage to help kill things.

The core of the problem is with healing spec designs being so different when you compare the offensive healers like Disc and Holy Pally to specs that have to pick if they want to do damage like Resto Shaman and Holy Priest. We gain no HPS from doing damage, other specs do.

The whole point of this post is to not get disheartened by their rankings…

Blockquote
but I don’t want to be the reason my group doesn’t complete content becuase I died to not having a self-defensive, a tank-defensive, utility for the raid, or enough damage to help kill things.

If you aren’t clearing mythic in the first month or two anyway, a holy priest won’t be the reason

I personally prey they dont try and weave dps into out spec. some DR would be great, but apparently it’s not our class fantasy.

what is a clear sign that the lights are off over there at Blizzard is that they managed to have 1 spec, at the absolute bottom, of everything. That takes a special kind of talent. if we have no dps, no survivability and no utility, and we are still at the bottom of hps … they obviously dont have any craps to give anymore.

Where are you getting bottom at hps? Holy is top at HPS in normal and heroic raid right now.

Accepting the rankings and understanding why they were made and the reasoning behind them is a good way to be objective with spec design and understanding of the community perception of Holy as a spec.

Remember that the whole video doesn’t matter if you aren’t pushing Mythic or doing high keys (which lets be honest most of us aren’t).

I think the reasoning of the videos for Raid and M+ healer rankings are pretty well judtified and the analasys was at least reasonably objective (I also think the writer/analyzer is a bit biased to healer dps becuase of the content they do).

I understand your opinion but holy priests are actually at the top of the current raid for healing…
The reason I made this post was because I didn’t want people to be discouraged by methods rankings, most of us aren’t pushing world first content so I just wanted to make a positive post…

1 Like

I’d like to see what metrics you are using, the numbers I’ve seen from WCL show Holy being middling in their HPS.

And I can sympathize with wanting to make a positive post, it’s a good thing to do especially for people that are new to the spec and feeling bad about being left out. The only function of me posting is to let people know why they are being denied for M+ and other content based on their spec.

~https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/statistics/24#metric=hps&dataset=90

And I understand your feelings on this, but just because a spec may not rank good (for world first content) doesn’t mean the players who play it aren’t good. I’ve stated this many times on other forums, but the player is what really makes the class. I’ve seen many amazing holy priests with 2k+ ios (albeit few) and denying a holy priest with a 2k+ io for a 16 key just seems dumb to me. But this is really all dependent on the group and what the group needs.
And as I said before if you aren’t pushing world first content, there is no need to deny someone just because of their class.
Player skill is something method can’t account for in their rankings, and that’s that.

For the WQL link, is that potential or actual recordings? (I’m bad at readings these things)

What I’m seeing is that these are 90th+% for the first two weeks of Raid (so since it’s been open). What I can’t see is what metric is being recorded or compared.

They are actual recordings, although I’m not sure myself what is being compared.

1 Like

Here’s all percentiles:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/statistics/24#metric=hps

These are based off recorded logs showing the range of HPS within the spec and compared to other specs. So the middle of the rectangle bar is 50th percentile for that spec. The far right dot is the 99th percentile of that spec.

1 Like

Where did Method say that Holy is shit? Can you post the link?

Anyways there are no prizes in this game for playing the healing spec that’s the worst in everything. Save your stress equity for something worthwhile in life and play a resto druid, MW monk or holy pally instead.

2 Likes