Holy Priest...boring?

Messing around now that S3 is ending, leveled a priest to 60, got the Flash Concentration leggo, ran a few M+.

Is it just me, or is the most boring leggo ever? “Spam Flash Heal so that you can spam (a bigger) Heal faster.”

Frankly, the spec seems pretty bland as a whole. I wanted a ranged healer (no melee) with direct healing so it seemed Shaman and Holy Priest were my choices. Leveled both and I have to say H Priest seems really “meh” comparatively.

What am I missing?

1 Like

Well, Flash Concentration is gone in Dragonflight for a reason.
Holy Priest is also the healer new players gravitate to so it’s a bit more straightforward than a Restoration Shaman or Preservation Evoker, but it compensates with having a lot of spells. The problem’s really Flash Concentration, since it invalidates things like Prayer of Healing and it makes Flash Heal’s only purpose to keep up the buff.

Don’t let the Disc elitist gaslight you. Holy is fun because it is powerful and it does way more throughput than Disc.

1 Like

no youre pretty much spot on holy is powerful but maintaing the FC buff is anti fun. its 4 set is really good letting you weave smites to gain chastise back faster to use the 4 second stun. CoH holy has good throughput and boon can be a fun button when used in conjunction with urh.

I think he is one of the meta healers (I think from all M+ seasons) that is the most boring (I mean his rotation thanks to his legendary Priest).
Because despite the fact that other healers have many interesting legendaries… this is the only one that stands out among all for its performance, utility and PI… but it has a legendary that even interacts well with its rotation… it’s very boring (the Naaru would have been more interesting)

Pretty much correct. I find it boring. Boring would be my criticisim of it really. Not looking forward to CN and being holy is manditory on Sun Kings. Now holy in WoD… see what i did there… was exciting. I enjoyed holy very much

I miss holys ground AoE. Sanctuary was it? Very pretty. Did no healing sadly

H Priest is easy to pick up and just as hard to master as any other healer. When, who to PI, when to use GS, when to dps, how to maximize your set bonus…a lot of spells in their toolkit that won’t really matter until you get past KSH.

2 Likes

It’s not that Flash Concentration that invalidated PoH, but the nerfs Blizzard did to Prayer of Healing when the expansion came out. It’s mana cost was increased to the point that spamming it would OOM you fast and it’s healing output dropped like a rock without azerite armor traits. Also, there was literally no legendary, conduits, talents, etc. that gave any kind of synergy to using PoH.

They had the whole expansion to at least make some effort to do something to PoH, but they didn’t.

Now when you take away Flash Concentration in the expansion, but don’t give holy anything to compensate for the loss… that puts the spec is a really bad spot.

There’s no point on even using Heal because it’s a 2.5s cast vs Flash Heals 1.5s cast. Just like PoH… Heal gets deleted off the hotbar if there’s nothing propping it up.

1 Like