Holy Priest9.1.5

Hey everyone… looking at the changes to holy priest other than PvP buff ( which is nice) I dont see much change for PVE. It seems like NF with Flash Concentration is still going to be the go to for us, I feel this playstyle as very bland and boring however its necessary to compete at a high level. I see the buff to necrolords not sure if that will be better then NF though.

4 Likes

The only notable changes to H Priests in 9.1.5 is the +40% damage buff to Divine Star which is about a 200-300 overall dps upgrades for keys (it’s like a 10-15% dps upgrade which is good) and the +15% healing buff in PvP. Holy got nerfed hard in 9.1 PvP so the +15% healing is to try and make up for it.

The biggest perk will be being able to swap covenants. Holy can run Night Fae for raids, Kyrian or NF for M+, or Venthyr for PvP.

Kyrian is a huge dps upgrade for Holy. Looking at logs of top players just the Kyrian abilities alone is a 1.2k overall dps increase which is TLDR basically you can do +50% more damage in keys as Kyrian than any other covvie.

2 Likes

Isn’t the +15% to the Heal spell though? Not great for pvp?

+15% to Flash Heal, Heal, and Renew which is basically your entire healing kit. It’ll help with long battles as well so you don’t oom as fast. That’s just for PvP.

Nice, I just have missed the flash heal buff. Solid.

I tried a +16 key as Kyrian (only Renown 57) with friends to test the covvie out and I pulled 3.6k overall dps (which is about 1.6k more than what I usually do). Talk about a considerable difference.

I’d say thats a very nice jump.

Did you run the Kyrian leggo or stay with FC?

You stay with FC. Otherwise you do 0 healing.

If you can trust your group, some do use the Kyrian Leggo. If you’re PuG’ing though, or doing particularly high keys or affixes… probably not a good idea even in established groups.

Night Fae is still great for Holy in keys. It gives them a burst of mobility and an impressive external damage reduction cooldown, both of which the spec fundamentally lacks. As a potential way to shore up their lack of personal defensives, the “cheat death” soulbind ability may still be useful…I’ve seen it bug sometimes and simply fail to activate in the past. Not sure if that’s still the case.

I was running FC, but if you did run the Kyrian Lego you can probably pull 4k+ easily because Boon goes on a 1 minute cd. You could use it on almost every trash pull because you burst out 9-13k dps when you use it. Entirely depends on the team, affixes, and key though. Not having FC basically nerfs your healing output by like -40%.

I did Kyrian Holy + Kyrian Lego in Torghast and it’s absolutely glorious. I can clear the floors significantly faster with big pulls w/ Boon. You get multiple cooldown reductions for Ascended so it’s down to a 10-20s reset.

I’ve been playing Dreamweaver Holy in M+ and raid pretty much the entire expansion. Lots of utility and you really are missing out on all the tools it brings when you aren’t using it.

All Kyrian does is give you extra damage which if your group is already good enough to time the key than it doesn’t really add much.

So we just have multiple different playstyle choices now for keys. Either bring more damage or more utility. I would never play Kyrian in raid though.

I’m going to have to try this tonight. I’m excited if I can get some decent DPS out of Holy. I’ve tried every covenant except Kyrian so far on my priest.

Necrolord here, there was a buff that I noticed when killing HSylv. to our transfusion ability. I run both M+ and Heroic raiding as Flash Conc. with the leggo, sometimes swapping salvation to apothesis. Works well in my experience and I run +18’s without an issue.

I’m leveling my Necrolord renown now and Unholy Transfusion feels a bit underpowered when I compare it to Kyrian’s damage output. Even with the conduit it only does an extra 30-50k dmg on each trash pull and a lot of times things are dying before the dot can tick its full duration.

With Kyrian on the 3rd Soulbind you get your Golem that pops out and does damage and also when you activate Boon it immediately does the same amount of damage that Unholy Transfusion does with the bottom tree soulbind unlocked.

Unholy Transfusion would need to do like +200% more damage to even compete with Kyrian.