Holy Pally LF RP & PVE

Thanks for the helpful info!

Hello!

Do you have a little bit of backstory for your character? Is he staunchly Alliance or does he lean more neutral? Do you think he has ever had a foray serving with the Argent Crusade, perhaps during the fight against the Lich King?

Sometimes it’s easier to think about younger characters when first starting to roleplay as opposed to older ones for their race. Younger characters have less history to try to match up to their age.

A few things to think about when building your human Paladin:

1. How old is he? This determines what wars he has lived through, whether he knew Azeroth before the orcs came in from the Dark Portal, what wars he may have fought in.
  2. What kingdom is he from? Lordaeron? (A popular choice for a Paladin I must say) Stormwind? Gilneas? Stromgarde? So many to pick from.
  3. If from Lordaeron: How did he escape the Scouge? The Scourging of Lordaeron happened just 20 years ago in WoW history. The Order of the Silver Hand formed fifteen years before.

Just a couple of things to think about there in terms of backstory.

Secondly, you’ll need a few add ons to maximize your RP experience. I’ll try to list what they do. I apologize if you already know this information:

1. TRP 3 or TRP 3 Extended: The two are the same except Extended allows for people to make custom items to go into TRP’s profile system. TRP 3 is what lets you make a custom profile for your character and see other people’s profiles as well.

2. Cross RP: Cross RP allows you to see the profiles of the opposite faction, to join linked raid groups cross faction (in which you type in /rp to roleplay in the linked group.) It’s useful for neutral run festivals, major server events such as the Tournament of Ages, etc.

3. Elephant. This is a chat logger. Make sure you set it to 10,000 lines and 10,000 characters for maximum copying if you need to copy text for reporting purposes.

4. Emote Splitter / Unlimited Chat Message: These are interchangeable and allow you to type long emotes without having to break them up due to WoW’s chat box limits.

5. Listener: This allows you to filter whose emotes you’d like to see. The additional Snooper window will allow you to focus on the person that you have targeted. Useful for crowded areas and server events.

So those are the 5 RP addons I recommend for beginners.

----Now for a bit about myself.

I RP as Halandor, a Captain in the Argent Crusade. He is a Half Elf of Lordaeronian birth. My main version of him is played on Horde side, since the guild I created him for started out there. However, I do have an Alliance side version of him, as do most of our officer core. We have a growing Alliance side guild and a cross faction community for our guild chat. We also have a thriving, active Discord server with places to put art, stories, etc. you may have for your character!

We do welcome new roleplayers but expect the player to have a backstory for them. We can teach the syntax and rules of roleplay but only you can create your character.

We are a military based RP, and use a fairly simple d20 system for many , but not all, of our guild events.

If you find your character may beneutral leaning, feel free to check out our thread here on the forums:

1 Like