Holy Paladin tips?

Greetings Paladins!

I am going to be leveling a Holy Paladin soon. It will be my first healer ever. Any tips and tricks for being successful at it?

Are you going to heal as you level or are you waiting to max level because they are two different playstyles? If you heal as you level you’ll be using your cast heals and be a more ranged healer, once you hit max level you’ll move to be a melee healer.

I am going to heal as I level. I think if I wait until I am maxed level, I will get overwhelmed extremely quick.

Yeah, plus that will give you more practice when learning when to heal and how to prioritize who to heal. Once you hit max level I would recommend checking out wingsisup its a holy pally site guide that gives more in depth information.

holy shock ON COOLDOWN ALWAYS

The most important tip is to not be afraid to jump into the thick of things with the melee and help dps.

Not only does your mastery encourage being up close with the tank, (it’s a healing bonus based on distance from the target) but using crusader strike in your rotation helps you build more holy power, which means you can lean more on Word of Glory or Light of Dawn. Consecration is free AoE damage which is never a bad thing, and you can turn Judgment into a decently mana efficient heal if you take the “Judgment of the Light” talent.

The second thing is to always always keep Holy Shock on cooldown, it is probably your best ability, it heals and generates HP for you, if it’s up and you do not need to heal someone, you can dps with it as well, priortize using it to heal ofc, but it’s flexible.

While I won’t bloat this post any further, I will highly recommend setting up mouseover macros, it will make it incredibly easy for you to plant your butt on the monster while still healing others, I use them for all my healers.

1 Like

Check replies by Holybind. My old paladin.