Holy Paladin Mastery Idea: Increase Critical Strike Healing/Damage by X%

I think it’s safe to say that everyone hates Holy’s current mastery. It forces us into this playstyle where we have to stand right next to the raid in order to optimize our healing and is basically useless in PVP. Honestly, I love Holy’s whole melee-healer playstyle, but the mastery doesn’t even do a good job at enabling that either.

I’m thinking our new mastery should be “increase critical strike damage and healing by X%”. This would synergize super well with Holy Shock + Wings, it would be so much more practical in PVP, it would give us an alternative to stacking haste sky-high, and it has a nice little damage component.

What do you think?

1 Like

It needs to be literally anything else, than what it is now.

Can’t we get out healing shield mastery back? :pray:

2 Likes

IMO, Glimmer should be our Mastery instead of a Talent.

1 Like

I could see scaling becoming problematic with such a direct tie to another stat.

1 Like

Weird question: what if the mastery were based, not just on distance to us, but also on distance to our beaconed targets? Basically make Beacon of the Lightbringer baseline?

There are other thoughts that have crossed my mind about what we could have for a mastery, but IIRC, all my ideas had problems:

1. Transferring more healing to our beaconed target the more mastery we have (this would be pretty useless if the beaconed target is at full health),

2. Healing ourselves for a little when we heal others (leech, basically, but this would be only useful if we regularly use LotM)

3. An increased % chance that our Holy Light and Flash of Light heals will cause our next Holy Shock not to incur its cooldown (basically the Cataclysm version of Daybreak. Not sure about this one; it’s kind of redundant with Crusader’s Might)

Even if these ideas were coupled with a flat % increase to our healing, they’d force us into a particular playstyle, or else be too situational to really be useful.

Compared to these ideas, bringing back the Cata/MoP/WoD mastery where we apply damage shields to our targets is wiser, simpler, more flexible for our playstyles than what we have now, more paladin-ish, and more useful!

The whole distance mastery needs needs to stop. And I think it already also counts Beacon of Light towards it.

1 Like