Holy Paladin 10.1 Tier

• Paladin Holy 10.1 Class Set 2pc (New) Holy Shock’s critical strikes heal for 15% more and reduce the cooldown of Light’s Hammer by 2 sec, or Holy Prism by 1 sec.
  • Paladin Holy 10.1 Class Set 4pc (New) Light’s Hammer heals 100% more frequently and generates 0 Holy Power every 4 sec. Holy Prism’s healing is increased by 80% and it generates 1 Holy Power if cast on an enemy target, or 3 if cast on an ally.

Quick, go back to the drawing board before it’s too late :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Hahaha, this is hilarious I don’t know about PvE, but no-one takes those garbage talents in PvP. You could buff Light’s Hammer a billion times and no-one is going to stand in it.

Set bonuses designed around non baseline abilities is so stupid. A weak effort to try get some talent diversity I guess. Whoever is responsible for Holy Paladin has NFI.

9 Likes

All I could do was laugh when I read this. I so hope they change this. It seems so bad.

2 Likes

Just saw them on the PTR.
This is a joke right? our Tier is based around a completely optional talent?

2 Likes

Eh it’s not awful, 3 holy power from a 20 sec ish spell that doesn’t have an insane mana cost could be worse

Happy to have a reason to talent into holy prism for the first time since like wod besides annoying rogues in duels

Now is it on par with evoker’s 2 set adding a flat 15% healing bonus to dreambreath and adding a 40% HoT to spiritbloom? Absolutely not lol

3 Likes

its not awful? its on demand 3 hopo if yo utake prism, or extra aoe healing if you take lights hammer in pve. for pvp id imagine holy prism will gain more strength

it’s still a work in progress, but this isn’t as awful as you’re making it out to be? it’s a buff to the main healing spell, and a buff to a spell that’s taken in most builds both caster and melee, and a pretty decent motivation to use a spell that’s been overshadowed by it’s competition.

Both talents are never used in PvP, firstly regardless of the set bonus they are WEAK.

Light’s Hammer
25% Spell Power healing every 1 sec (with 4p) for 14 sec inside a 15 yd radius. For comparisons sake, Healing Stream Totem heals for 47% Spell Power every 2 sec to two allies within 40 yds for 15 sec on a 30 sec Cooldown.
Rating: Useless

Holy Prism
Looks a bit better, whether we have the spare talents for it is another question as it’s pretty tight with essentials already. Using it for healing an ally is it’s only use as the damage to target and spread heal effect is weak. However the aoe damage effect could break CC, and as a result a hardpass for any comps with breakable CC, such as yourself with Blinding Light and Repentance.
Rating: Useless

2 Likes

Holy prism is great into rogue mage :skull_and_crossbones::ninja:

Instead of fixing these 2 talent they decide to make a tier set around it …

9 Likes

Tier bonuses just a test for a talent or them finally buffing them in the next expansion or two lol

Light’s Hammer in a different tooltip says it generates 1 holy power every 4 sec. For the ones that don’t know.

I’m a little upset Holy Prism only generates 1 HP if cast on a enemy as that is the version I liked using most back in MoP where it heals 5 allies.
Never cared for the damaging 5 enemies but if its gonna give us 3 holy power you can just LoD.

I think it has a lot of potential to be good.

Of course you wouldn’t use LH in pvp, but holy prism generating 3 holy power every 20 seconds is quite good in all forms of content including pvp.

I think it’s possible LH gets used over holy prism regarding 4 set, will probably be situational, but in regards to holy prism they need to buff its healing more.
It shouldn’t feel like a filler global our 4 set is forcing us to take, it should feel like a strong healing generator we want to use.

All they need to do is buff holy prism healing some more in the 4 set and it’ll feel very good. Shouldn’t be doing 17k especially if we have to use it in single target to generate 3 holy power, should heal for 70-80k single target considering health pools will be close to 400k+. On top of that I feel like it should be reversed, hitting the enemy and healing 5 people should generate 3 holy power, single target healing and hitting 5 enemies should generate 1, just imo though.

Almost every HPal pve build takes lights hammer and this bonus goes some way to make it more useful. Some people really lack a bit of creative thinking here…

I’m the only Hpal that always uses prism. Love these changes. 80% increase on healing, faster cooldown AND holy power! Well I’ll be.

1 Like

I admire some of the positivity I’m seeing here but the HPal tier bonus is a joke.

Did you see RDruids? Lol

2 Likes

They should just increase the dmg and healing of both abilities rather than it just affect the healing.

Seems dumb to not have it generate 3 holy power regardless of whether you use it for damage or healing. Basically means you’ll only ever use it to heal because the holy power will always be more valuable. Also, this benefits prism way more than hammer with its current design.

The 2 and 4 set just further promotes playing builds that rely on crusaders might and sanctified wrath, which I’m fine with because I’m all for the melee build, but it then eliminates your caster half of the tree completely if you want to make the most out of your 4 set.

Ya theirs is actually insane.

The Prot pally tier set is outrageous. Someone at blizzard loves tanking with paladin.

I did not, but i have a feeling hpal is the worse tier set out of all the healers by a wide margin

1 Like

Oh then let me enlighten you lol

easily. but this is madness lol

2 Likes