Holy or Disc

I prefer holy. I love the aesthetics of it, and the Glyph of Angels. I don’t PvP so I can’t comment on that, but PvE wise I seem to be doing OK. I plan to start raiding next week, so will see how that goes!

A break down:

Ease of learning: Holy
Large BG: Holy
Small BG or 1v1: Disc
Dps: Disc
Ease of leveling: Disc
Forgiveness: Holy

While Holy is easier it only really shines in massive groups where you aren’t at risk of getting picked off or found on your own. Certain raiding content can also be better for a Disc player. If you’re planning to quest level, I’d bite the bullet and go Disc. Solo leveling/questing is atrocious as Holy. Learning both is certainly admirable. In terms I f M+ it depends on affixes but you may find Holy easier as it is more forgiving.

1 Like

I got solo killed by a rogue in a bg the other day, while resto druids are still able to take the dog pile of 8 guys on them. Why is it so obviously unbalanaced between the healers? If one is strong, the others should be too.

Good in Rated BGs, piss terrible in arena.

I’m leveling this priest, I enjoy disc in pvp and it’s good for pve for also doing dmg.

Disc is absolute bottom tier in pvp.

3 Likes

Blizzard has given up on your class.

2 Likes

Disc isnt really that much harder, you just have to learn the damage patterns of the fights so you can use your atonement correctly… its a proactive spec vs the normal reactive spec of healers.

Hello I have had the chance to play both specs in dun raiding you name it I would just have to say that in my personal experience and opinion that disc priest do better in the world for leveling di to the extra damage they can cast making it quicker to move to the next area disc also do good not better good in normal dunions however holy with a big group of people epic bgs or raids do a lot better 5 man is more suited for disc that being said though in mythic I do see holy as being more safe the disc a lot of your spells as a disc require you to stay still when casting that also puts you in danger of being hut or ending your cast early holy is if you wanna be safer disc is very good when people know what there doing the extra dog helps a lot taking out there health I personally prefer being holy in anything above dun because you never know who your team is or there experince its a safe pick for me to save people who mess up there for less time wasted when a dps could be up helping thats my take on it anyway

Holy necro, batman!

1 Like

Maybe in your OWN group but that’s not the perspective of most people… show me a video of this supposed ‘impossible takedown’ because otherwise it just sounds like you are just inviting fantasy.

It’s a long standing belief that the devs at blizzard play druid… and druid get’s ALL the attention. This has been a common complaint pretty much every expansion.

One of thing of note… DRUID is the ONLY class with 4 spec… so what does that tell you?!?

I have witnessed a druid heals taking on mobs with the flag… because they can absorb so much damage it’s almost cheating… but Druid while great in certain BG I find the healing to be rather boring… It’s not a very fun spec in my opinion, but it does well in BG.

I tried Arena in WoD and I did Druid Resto… wasn’t good at it but even I could win 50% of the time without trying so I am well aware of how easy Druid Resto is.

Sorry but you are a level 50… so you are not even top level yet. Also NO class especially heals has ‘3 main anything…’ that means you are a one button healer someone that is watching Netflix while playing, you wouldn’t be a good player.

There is no 3 main heals ALL of the toolkit is important that’s the difference between a GOOD healer and AVG one… you have to KNOW your class not just 3 spells… that’s crazy…

I have seen videos where the author is explaining his methods and how to play Holy Priest only to watch him die because he is doing what you said, using 3 main heals which is absurd… NEXT!

You can’t die and then say how ‘easy it is’ to play this class by just tossing out some basic heals, that’s beyond repugnant.

Also depends on talent and conduits so it’s clear you are just trying to add content but you don’t really KNOW the class very well…

Imagine replying to a post, not knowing that it’s 2 years old.

Funny the exact reason why I stopped playing Shadow Priest for so long… now in Shadowlands Shadow Priest is back… at least from what I can tell and given top DPS stats.

I think its not a coincidence in Shadowlands