Holy or Disc

i need to mage a Leggo, but don’t like to commit to holy, since i prefer disc, but will likely run holy a while first. are there any leggos that would work for both?

I generally play disc, since not much group content yet on this toon. I also want to stay in NF for this toon. If I decide to run some M+ on this toon or some PVP after gearing, which do you think would be better Holy or Disc, considering what I mentioned.

This toon usually hits max, then gets parked. I prefer disc, but sometimes it takes some effort to get it going in dungeons, and in the past it seemed like holy was the way to go for me.

Thanks for your thoughts.

Holy is mostly viable if you pick Flash Concentration leggo.
Any other lego is actually pretty meh and you won’t feel good with the spec.

3 Likes

If you are looking for a single legendary you can run on both specs, then you could craft Twins of the Sun Priestess. The ability to have PI on yourself and DPS is pretty awesome. Granted that it would be better suited for a Disc Priest. It’s rather lackluster for Holy spec, considering the ONLY leggo we Holy Priest run is FC. But you get ability to run a single leggo in both specs, so that would answer your question. There isn’t really many legendaries to run a dual nature spec, SL forces you to either choose and commit to one spec or create multiple leggos if you care about healing throughput.

1 Like

I tried discs. If this is a parking lot toon and you want to heal sometimes, then go holy and just craft flash concentration. The last boss in tazavenash finally broke me for disc. Holy is 5x easier especially with pugs and guildies who constantly stand in stuff.

2 Likes

Oops wrong toon.

1 Like

this is what i was thinking. i wish there was a bit more overlap between the two. most classes have one leggo that covers a couple of options.

holy is so much easier. it was bfa or legion i was running a pug on disc, just doing one or two while i level and was having trouble to switched to holy and was fine, and that was with not playing holy for a couple of years and not really even remembering the spells well, but they were still on my bar and i had done the talents.

1 Like

Personally, I think flash concentration should be baseline. I can’t imagine not using it as a holy priest. When it’s basically mandatory, then for 10.0 they should roll it in to baseline holy.

I’ve done a lot of 18s and now 19s this tier as a veng DH and I can only recall a couple of good disc healers. Holy seems to have an easier time.

1 Like

Hopefully not and instead we get full class design reworks for 10.0

3 Likes

Agree Holy is clonky and disc nerfs have put there dps lower than holy…

1 Like

Sounds like you can’t handle Disc.

Make FC leggo for Holy and play that spec.

1 Like