Holy garbage in bgs?

Seems like if 2 people get on me im dead. I cant figure it out, any tips to fighting 2 melee at once?

1 Like

Try to face them, so that you can sometimes block their hits, and focus on Instant/quick casts, and fake casting. Also, don’t be afraid to use bubble or BoP if you are feeling pressured. Or any CD, for that matter. HPallies have a lot of CDs. Use them freely, you don’t need to save them.

It’s better to use them and live, rather than hold them “just in case I need it later”, and die.

3 Likes

Honestly at 2 against one you aren’t meant to win wtvr class you are playing. Not impossible but a win is highly unlikely. Having said that, i can keep up to 5 dps busy for about 2 min on a good day. Usually thats long enough for backup to show up.

Ideally though as a healer you shouldnt be alone. If you want to be most effective you find the largest group of allies you can and follow them around.

4 Likes

You’re meant to survive though. As a holy pally. Instant heals, stun them, divine steed, flash heal, bubble, freedom, many options and choices. As a holy pally you should be a hard kill for 2 dps

2 Likes

Divine Steed, Hammer of Justice, BoP, LoH, DS

Multiple others that make you immune to silences, increase your healing done

Glimmer build which requires pretty much 0 hard casting

There’s a LOT of options

Make a fake cast macro
???
Profit

Fake cast macro? Lmao, yeah my fake cast macro is on key bind “w”… just move

7 Likes

Why would you move? Lmao you could just stand there and fake cast and immediate /lol into holy light.

Also you press w to move? RIP

I move with the mouse, I still have w bound for fake casting, easiest way imo. RIP

Yeah moving to fakecast is pretty common. Why are you acting so shocked?

You don’t even need a “fake cast” macro at all. Just but a stop casting line into your flash/holy light/shock macros.

3 Likes

Depends what kinda MMR you’re talking about. I know how it feels to get trained constantly lmao. It sucks as hpally because you have to cast, and even if you fake their kicks they just stun, DR stun, spam grip, fear DR, whatever disgusting wastes of good cds just to stop your holy light and then you have to juke again. It really shuts you down.

My strategy is I tend to run really tanky azerite traits (resounding protection, all that good stuff) a gladiators safeguard, or voidstone, so you can survive ridic burst BfA meta. I beacon myself, because often I’m doing so much healing that my beacon actually stabilizes me even if I have someone training me. 2 is about the limit where I can’t stabilize with beacon healing, so I have a couple options there: For max healing, you want to put beacon on a target who isn’t going to get overhealed, and you just focus more of your heals on yourself. Devotion aura is probably the best choice if you expect to get trained, make sure you’re spec’d into that. That said, to not get cheesed out of the full effect, you actually want to stay alone if you can’t get the mongos off you. That way you get full 10% reduction of damage.

Additionally, familiarize yourself with Divine Protection, aka “Wall”. When you see big damage cooldowns come up from someone who’s attacking you, just smash it right away. Just do it. If you do it when you’re low HP, you’ll just die through it 100%.

If the people training you are physical-only damage dealers (rogue and warriors mainly) you can use BoP when you get uncomfortably low. You can also throw this up as soon as you get stunned, and it’ll break the stun. You can’t get kicked or pummeled through it either, so it lets you freecast.

If you’re gonna die and there’s a magical damage dealer (ret, mage, you know who) then throw up the bubble. I believe lay on hands is also enabled in random bgs, but I prefer to use this on teammates, as it would put me on forbearance and I’d probably just die not able to bubble.

I also run the other PvP talents such as Divine Favor, which is actually lifesaving in terms of being trained. I can’t recommend this talent enough. It’s insanely good, unless it gets purged, then it’s really sad. But it makes your holy light unkickable and heal for (it says double, it’s actually not it’s like 80% extra) and cost no mana. It’s basically a lay on hands if it crits, I’ve found.

I also take Light’s Grace as baseline. Considering my #1 or #2 healing spell is Holy Light you can’t live without the 50% healing buff to holy light. Pay attention to the secondary effect of this though, every time you cast holy light, the target gets a 5% damage reduction, stacking up to 15% damage reduction. It lasts about 8 seconds, so you want to be refreshing this on yourself when you’re getting trained, and prioritizing to get stacks of this up on yourself as soon as you can, assuming it’s safe to cast.

I also tend to run blinding light instead of repentance, I find myself often positioned in ways where there’s no good target to repent because of AoE spam, also I value my too much to be using it when under pressure.

If I REALLY have to get away from the DPS training me, I probably lead with a HoJ stun, and if they trinket it, I blinding light off that, into freedom and steed to get quite a bit of distance. Then I just mount up as soon as I can, or keep kiting in the opposite direction of the dps if I have to heal.

You should also pay attention to your positioning. It’s unfortunate, but despite hly paladins supposedly being melee healers, you want to be anything BUT melee range from your teammates when healing BGs. I tend to stay max range (putting my team in front of me) and actually run the rule of law talent. That way if any DPS want to train me, they have to run through my entire team and out of range of their healers where they’ll either die or be forced back.

Hope my novel helps any lol

8 Likes

your a 1700 hpal calm down

Take it easy. He/she took their time to try and help the OP out no need to rage on someone like that. Take a seat back if you don’t have anything constructive to say and look pretty.

8 Likes

I actually feel the “safest” on my paladin out of druid, shaman and priest. You have the defensive CDs to deal with people on top of the offensive CDs you really turn on someone when you need to.

Your tankiness is pretty good baseline but also keep in mind divine protection is a very short CD and should be used pretty much once the heat is on to you. Crit is a big stat for us not only making your holy shock heal for quite a bit but also buffing our other heals.

I think it’s interesting you mention stats, I’ve actually been heavily experimenting with stats recently and hopefully I can give some ideas based on what I’ve found. I know crit is the mainstream stat to stack for hpallies, but from my experience crit is seriously overrated compared to how strong some of our other secondaries are and just isn’t that good past ~20%.

Haste: Garbage, only useful if you’re trying to go for like some gimmick raid glimmer spam build. Hard on your mana, some of the weakest HPS per point of stat. You actively want to avoid this compared to anything else.

Crit: You do want some of this, it’s hard to say how much objectively. IMO, it’s ~20-22%, but probably no more than that. It’s good for some burst healing, but as always it’s RNG. The only reason crit is actually useful is because in addition to the baseline healing increase; it means you get more infusion of light procs (makes next flash of light stronger or next holy light cast faster) which might be strong in arena but in bgs they’re not actually that insane. It’s like a 50% hps increase as opposed to just spamming holy light regularly without the proc. The proc heals are faster casted, so they are fairly hard to kick though, and there might be value in that- but that’s hard to evaluate. Crit also does provide an increase to your damage, but since in PvP your crits only hit for 1.5x instead of 2x, in terms of damage, crit is only half as effective for damage as it is for healing.

Mastery: is basically the best HPS per point stat to have, the drawbacks are that it’s reliant on being close to your target, so some part of the time, especially in PvP, mastery is literally non-existent for you and crit or versa would be doing much better in that situation than your mastery. Mastery also helps you heal other people more than it helps you heal yourself, because odds are if your’re having to heal yourself, you’re not going to be allowed to be freecasting, and you need to be freecasting to get full value out of mastery. Also, because crit can be a little more bursty, you might just find you don’t have the random burst healing you need to survive some scenarios. I still think this is potentially the best hpally stat for PvE though.

Versatility: Seriously not talked about enough, I’m convinced this stat is seriously viable as a build for hpally. It buffs your healing less than mastery, but is competitive with crit in terms of HPS increases. It increases the damage you deal more than crit, which synergizes with melee wings. And best of all potentially, you take less damage, in a way that synergizes with conflict and strife essence, which might be really good if you’re getting trained hard.

Conflict’s, I believe minor power; doubles the effect of your versa when you’re in stuns, giving you a substantial damage reduction and probably keeping you alive in situations which would normally be unlivable. You get stacks of bonus vers from getting CC’d in any form, which happens a lot in bgs, which makes you heal more overall, do more damage overall, and take substantially less damage overall.

1 Like

Double Freedom, eat some Potpie and kite them. They will use all of their gap closers to keep up with you. Divine Protection when you are hard stunned. Honestly, melee are the easiest to deal with in a BG.