High world latency

I have high world latency but not home and the problem goes away when i close the game and open it. Any idea what this could be?

1 Like

Hey there Avannah, thanks for reaching out! Be sure to give these steps a try if you haven’t already, as they resolve the majority of connection-related problems.

If none of those steps solve the issue, please grab a winMTR so we can further investigate the problem. Here are the instructions:

1. Download the tool from this page
  2. Enter the game IP into the “host” field. The IP address for our games are listed on the winMTR instructions page
  3. Start the test and play the affected game for at least 15 minutes. Ensure the problem happens while the winMTR tool is running.
  4. After recording the problem data, click “export text” and save the winMTR file in an easy to find location.
  5. Once you have that made, open the file. You’ll need to copy and paste the contents of the Text document into the post, and put four Tilde (~) marks above the winMTR. It’ll look like this:
WinMTR goes here

If you have issues pasting here, please use Pastebin and post the link (ex: Pastebin (dot) com/123456).

1 Like

Did you resolve the issue? Gms keep replying with the same answer, but no solution

1 Like

Believe me, I have zero packet loss at this point, yet can’t seem to not suffer from excessive and varying world latency spikes (currently over 2700), and they refuse to admit they have an issue on their end.

Hey there Babyshock & Slmulacre,

I appreciate your reports, as dealing with latency problems while you’re simply trying to enjoy your time in the game is certainly irritating. But to be clear, there are no known issues affecting our game servers at this time. The health of our network infrastructure is being monitored constantly to identify any emerging server-side issues, and so what you’re experiencing is likely an issue with how the connection is behaving prior to reaching our data-centers.

With that said, if you are experiencing latency issues, you will need to provide us with network test data so that we can analyze and help diagnose a potential network-related problem. If you’d like to have us take a look at how your network is behaving while playing the game, please follow these instructions and provide a WinMTR test for analysis:

1. Download the tool from this page
  2. Enter the game IP into the “host” field. The IP address for our games are listed on the winMTR instructions page
  3. Start the test and play the affected game for at least 15 minutes. Ensure the problem happens while the winMTR tool is running.
  4. After recording the problem data, click “export text” and save the winMTR file in an easy to find location.
  5. Once you have that made, open the file. You’ll need to copy and paste the contents of the Text document into the post, and put four Tilde ( ~ ) marks above the winMTR. It’ll look like this:
WinMTR goes here

If you have issues pasting here, please use Pastebin and post the link (ex: Pastebin (dot) com/123456).

1 Like

The next time I experience the exciting rise in world latency, I will MTR it.

A post was merged into an existing topic: Main Thread - LatAm Disconnects & Latency

literally everyone is having latency issues after the server maintenance. Take a look at the general chat from the zone in pandaria where the assault is happening. Stop always blaming your customer’s end when it’s clearly yours.

This thread is from 19 days ago and has nothing to do with lag near an assault in pandaria after today’s server maintenance.

I have to agree on having some serious latency issues atm. I checked on my end and it’s not a local issue. Only WoW is affected. I hope this will be resolved soon.

1 Like

Same. And honestly don’t think we really need another copy/paste of the WInMTR details/guidelines :slight_smile:

1 Like

Been going on for weeks now and it’s only WoW.

Edited by Blizzard - this topic is being locked as this is an old post which was bumped. Please create your own thread or contact support.