High Ms while in dungeons

goes on and off, i get home/world ms it goes over 400+ms

game is unplayable, with this much lag. when out of dungeons everything goes back to normal.(though sometime lag from dungeons stay outside)

3 Likes

ridiculous spikes between home and world, up to 2k ms for world, 700+ for home.

I really wish people would stop touching or tripping over the dang wires and leave THINGS ALONE.

1 Like

I’ve been having the same issue. During a battleground last night, 2000 ms, and today in timewalking instance, same deal. Doesn’t seem to be a problem outside instances. Is there a quick solution to this?

1 Like

Hey all,

First step would always be to power cycle the network to refresh the connection and test the game again. Latency issues like this can show up for a lot of different reasons.

If it continues we would need a WinMTR connection test run in the background for 10-15 minutes when you’re experiencing the high latency. This would allow us to see what the connection is doing between you and the game servers.

Same issue and my internet conecction is always good and this time isnt the exception only happens with World of warcraft i dont have the same problem with any other game, im paying for a game that i cant play and my game time is running …

I tried the winmtr (and it stated no response from host) when followed steps, days ago.

Also been looking at other solutions, that possible fixed this issue.

disabling IPV6 in the network options (seems to improve home ms (highest now is 100+), still see world ms go up in 100+ but so far after disable the home ms is low

I also turned off triple buffering (prob issue, and also changed nivida options for better gaming) so far ms now looks stable.

though will update if this does not work, and ms comes back.

Same issue for months, randomly in instances. (Dungeons, visions, raids)

Exactly the same here. Not your issue something to do with how the world server seems to work when inside an instance with you from Blizzard.

nm it’s coming back. just after mention possible solution.

so problem still happening. (old raids,instance groups etc)

Thanks for providing details on the issue! If we can gather a bit more information on the instance servers and compare the data, it will help greatly to see what’s happening within the instance. This is a bit more advanced than usual, but should give us what we need to look into this further. Let’s try gathering a bit more details for the instance servers specifically.

1. Click Start and in the “Start Search” or “Search for Program and Files” field and type “command” or “cmd”. Next, right click on the CMD icon and select “Run as administrator to” start the Command window.
  2. In the command prompt or powershell window type: netstat -an | find “3724”
  3. Wait until the command prompt appears again, approx two minutes.
    You will see an IP address on the right connected on one of the following ports: 3724. It will look like “xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:3724”. This is the connection to the instance servers.

Once the IP Address is obtained, please run a WinMTR test for 10-15 minutes to the IP Address obtained. This should give us a more accurate reading to whats happening during the instance. Copy and paste the text file created and paste it between two ~~~ like so:

~~~
WinMTR Here
~~~

If you have issues pasting here, use Pastebin and post the end of the link. (ie. 123456 for pastebin.com/123456)

Ok, played for 15 mins, everything looks normal, will try again when see it spike.

|------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

|                                      WinMTR statistics                                   |

|                       Host              -   %  | Sent | Recv | Best | Avrg | Wrst | Last |

|------------------------------------------------|------|------|------|------|------|------|

|                   No response from host -  100 |  217 |    0 |    0 |    0 |    0 |    0 |

|                   No response from host -  100 |  217 |    0 |    0 |    0 |    0 |    0 |

|________________________________________________|______|______|______|______|______|______|

WinMTR v0.92 GPL V2 by Appnor MSP - Fully Managed Hosting & Cloud Provider

Update:

do i have to check ip each dungen/raid when run test?
just noticed new one, but when enter it, it states unable to resolve hostname

Hey again,

Looks like this test didn’t capture anything, possibly due to the router blocking the WinMTR test.

Can you try pathping instead if the issues are still occurring?

Enter the command pathping XX > c:\pathping.txt** and press Enter .

I do this, replace x with IP, follow steps

nothing happens, or it tells me, it’s not recognized.

while type this, my ms is in 1k+ now on both side…ugh

edit: home ms 500+ and world 2000+ms

The correct command to enter would be:

pathping 24.105.30.129 > c:\pathping.txt

In the Command Prompt window you won’t see the output, since the command will have it save the results to a text file located on the C: drive.

You will just see a blinking cursor while it’s running the test, and then once it’s done the cursor will move down to a new blank line.

Use File Explorer to check your C: drive for pathping.txt. Copy the results, paste them here, then highlight everything and hit the </> button to format it before posting.

Alternatively if you wanted to see the results show up in the Command Prompt so you can copy them directly from there, leave off the > c:\pathping.txt part. So it would just be

pathping 24.105.30.129

ok entered ip command you gave

edit out

So the pathping doesn’t indicate any packet loss or latency spikes that would be causing the issues you’re seeing in-game. If you’re seeing 500-2000ms for both home and world then whatever is causing that is not showing up in these connection tests.

As far as what to do next, it might be a good idea to go back to the basics in order to rule out a game client issue or another program in the background causing issues.

1. Reset the UI
  2. Try rebooting in Selective Startup

Press Windows Key+R.
Type msconfig and press Enter.
Select Selective startup and uncheck Load startup items.
Select the Services tab.
Check Hide all Microsoft services.
Note: Skipping this step may prevent your computer from rebooting correctly.
Click Disable all.
Click Apply then click OK.
Click Restart.

If you continue to have issues beyond that it may be a good idea to try connecting through a mobile hotspot or a VPN temporarily to see if the issues go away. If you don’t have a mobile data plan that supports hotspots or tethering, look up info online about a free/trial VPN that you can use to test instead.

Basically you would be narrowing it down to see if the latency problems only occur when connecting through your normal home internet provider.

1 Like

Alright thank you.

I did both steps, with rename and misconfig.

if still continue i will try the Vpn.

I don’t know if it’s because shadowlands is about to come out, but it’s unplayable, the MS is too high and it never happens to me, with wow it’s the only game that’s like this, fix this, I’m spending my money. I am from Peru, I usually play with 180 MS maximum and now 700 MS is the last straw.