High Memory Usage since 8.2

I have 8 GB of RAM and after playing for a couple hours my game will start to have constant, massive FPS drops and freeze while memory usage in the task manager will spike to 90%. I’ve tried lowering graphics options, switching back to DX11, uninstalling addons, updating addons, updating drivers. Nothing changed. Prior to 8.2 or so, I was able to have WoW open at very high settings while watching a stream and browsing the internet. Now its almost impossible. Whats the deal?

https://pastebin.com/9dxvuT3K

You’d need to pay a dxdiag to be sure. Could be addon memory usage, could be changes in what windows is using.

Alright, the dxdiag is in the OP

Your c drive only has 8.7gb of free space. My hunch is that’s the issue. Try to clean some space and test.

Didn’t seem to do much at all, sadly. I did notice though that my FPS has been around 30/40 with bigger drops occasionally. Prior to this problem and 8.2 or so I’d have a consistent 60+ FPS on the same graphics settings I’m running now.
An example of what I’m talking is while doing things in Nazjatar or elsewhere while running around it’ll just drop to 10 FPS for maybe a second or two then back up to 30 then back down a moment later. After maybe an hour or two of playing the game it seems like the game becomes unstable and the FPS drops are just constant til its like I’m playing a slideshow.

I should also note that a few months ago I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game on my SSD, that changed nothing.

How much space do you have on the ssd now?

My experience is that 20% of the drive’s capacity should be available for swap and other functions before seeing issues.

Patch 8.2 was a year ago. There have been several huge windows updates since then, and a number of things, so the timeline that you are presenting may obscure things.

Can you go to old parts of wow - MoP, eastern kingdoms and get a higher frame rate?

What else is happening in task manager when things slow down?

Okay, I flew around Kalimdor, Orgrimmar and Zuldazar on my Horde main. In the two cities, the FPS would fluctuate between 40-60. Flying around Kalimdor, it was a pretty steady 60 FPS. I noticed whenever I’d open an interface, like bags or a map, the game would stutter and FPS would drop down to 30, sometimes even lower. That could be because I’m using bagnon and handynotes.

On the task manager front, typically when things start to go sour I noticed disk usage would just shoot up to 50%, memory usage at around 90% with CPU usage sometimes shooting up to 60-70%.

I cleared up about 30% of the drives capacity. I think it may have helped a bit when I did it last night since I was able to have two WoW clients running as I leveled my DH on my other account. Still having stutters though and I’m gonna see if the game becomes unstable again while playing on my Horde main.

Edit: I just ran a full Horrific Vision and the stuttering was especially bad. Tried turning down graphics completely, did nothing. CPU usage at around 50-60% with memory usage hitting 90%.