High level tanks pullingthe entire map

trying to level my alts. can not participate in Dps re the monster mass pulls in dungeons. I either pop re AOE damage, and/or get kicked because i am not mythic with that toon.

When i tank on my main i make a point of not wiping the party, even when i can solo the run,

is there any way to report with this? spending an hour waiting for a dungeon only to run into this is burning me out

No this is not reportable.

You can avoid this by manually forming your groups.

3 Likes

Sounds like normal dungeons. Been this way since wrath.

2 Likes

You’re going to have a bad time trying to play assassination rogue in normal dungeons no matter how the tank pulls.

Honestly, just play one of the other specs.

Not sure why you would even think about reporting this. This is how dungeons are done. Just level by questing if dungeons aren’t your thing.

1 Like

Running dungeons is 90% of what I would normally be doing. I have no interest in running dungeons now because of these tanks and I’m an inch away from deactivating my account because of them.

You’re doing leveling content which is designed to be trivial. If you want to play dungeons where people play properly then get to max level and do M+.

1 Like

I have multiple 70s. I did mythics when they first came out but it was just rush rush rush because of the timer. I can’t stand that. Rush rush rush is just not enjoyable to me at all. Get rid of the timers and I’d be doing mythics right now instead of coming onto the forums to complain about rushing through dungeons.

Well standing around doing nothing is not enjoyable to other people.

Personally the timer is a big reason I prefer M+ to raids where people stand around for 20 minutes doing nothing between pulls.

5 Likes

What? You’re an inch away from deactivating your account because of tanks rushing through dungeons? There are multitude of ways to enjoy the game outside of dungeons, but you would prefer to do the other 10% of what the game has to offer. Maybe, just maybe this game isn’t for you?

1 Like

You are free to minimize and ignore the timer with like minded individuals.

This simply means dungeons in wow aren’t for you. They were like this before any timer existed because everyone is on a timer. Whether it’s needing to get back to work, take care of their child, walk their dog or the universal timer of death. Going slow for the sake of immersion isn’t something that happens in wow.

Maybe try classic? That’s a mind-numbingly slow game.

4 Likes

I do that with my friend (I heal) and we pull entire rooms with the boss. But the fight lasts long enough that you should still be able to do focused damage. We never kicked anyone for not being fully geared and I know that’s just ME, but it sucks you’ve personally had that experience. Personally we only kick if the person isn’t doing anything, or is clearly AFK.

DPS’ing is just boring, generally speaking. If you want to really have fun heal. Trust.

You need to relax.

You’re a rogue, just sit back and let the fools take care of it. Every now and then, you’ll get a good hunter or warlock who rakes in several million damage alongside those crazy tanks and the dungeon’s over in five minutes.
Indeed, it is a bit scary when they pull crazy, just try and avoid the normals that are part of the weekly quests that week.

That is not a reportable offense. Make your own premades. When you get gear funneled to you then you should be able to start dpsing more and not worry about just staying alive.

1 Like

Don’t you need to beat the timer to progress to the next difficulty level?

You do, but low and even middle tier keys are so lenient you can go pack to pack, wipe, and still time it. If you run out of time, oh well, you still have a key you can still run. Since you ran out of time, obviously the new key isn’t too easy either.

That’s good to know.

So you want to report people because you cant play?

This is absolutely not happening unless you are actively antagonizing people. If a tank is mass pulling the dungeon, just shut up, follow the tank, interrupt stuff, stay alive, and DPS hard when the tank stops moving. Nobody is getting kicked for not doing enough DPS or whatever. I’ve never seen that happen.

To be clear, sometimes the “pull it all” bugs me specifically in that some tanks will pull what they can survive, not what others can survive. Having like four Earthshapers up in Uldaman is generally a pain in the butt for everyone not the tank, so I’m not a big fan of that, if the tank hasn’t cleared that sort of pull with the healer first.

2 Likes