High Latency only in bgs/raids/arenas

Hello,

Like the title says for the last 3-4 weeks or so I have been getting very high lag spikes in raids/bgs/arenas. When I am just around the world chatting or questing I will remain around 30ms. I have even replaced my router thinking that was the issue but nope. I have power cycled my modem/router, I have disabled ALL addons, my Ipv6 was already disabled so I tried enabling it and disabling it and I have had no luck. I have played for a long time with no issue like this before and honestly seems to only be with WoW. I will run speed tests/ping tests and everything seems to be fine.

I tried using the looking glass tool I see people post about and on the 4th line it read 900ms and somewhere in the report I was at 100% packet loss. I’m not sure what else I can post but if anyone can help PLEASE :)))

Post a winmtr report.

Check these instructions from the staff, then go the WinMTR like they mentioned.

I didn’t have time to go back into a BG/raid before work but I ran it anyway and it looked kinda odd. One of the address is reporting “worst” at 1639. If needed I can run it again when I get home tonight while I do a bg or raid.

It wouldn’t let me post the result so pastebinDOTcom /KGPhANpL

That server doesn’t respond to all requests, hence why the numbers above it and below it are similar.

Looks like the Charter nodes are quite laggy. I’ve noticed a lot of Charter customers experiencing issues lately.

What I don’t understand is everything else is running fine. I can watch HD videos, stream music, and play other games. I can even play wow for the most part until I get into a BG/raid.

I even tried using a anti-latency software that was recommended in another similar thread with someone with the same problem. I think it was called “pinggod” or something silly like that and I had the same results.

Do you recommend anything? I can’t play like this :frowning: I’m literally getting 5-6 second lag spikes sometimes and even when it’s just in 3s I can’t play properly. I’m not sure what has changed but I’m so upset :confused:

Another player said their network driver was out of date and causing the problem.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.