High latency - centurylink! Mainthread

Been having this issue with Cox in Phoenix. I know this is a CenturyLink thread but i’ve reset my router countless times, flushed the DNS, the typical Tech Support response. I’ve ran idk how many ping tests, tested my connection with Cox on their site. I’m getting all top grade results (I pay for 300 down and get 280, 30 up and get 27).

I’m having a tech come out and check on Saturday but even on their end they saw zero issues but decided to send someone out this weekend. Hoping this is on Blizzard’s end because at this point I’m out of ideas of what it could be. Nothing else is being affected even remotely. I streamed our raid for 3 hours and had a drop of about 100 frames the entire stream (normal for me) yet WoW was spiking up to 400ms.

I really hope we get this sorted out soon as it’s affecting Mythic Queen’s Court prog :frowning:

filmstrips, i would make a post in your own thread with a winmtr.

I am also having this same issue. Ping starts low (25ish ms on gigabit fiber) during peak hours and gradually increases over time. I let it get to 400 ms once and it never went down or stabilized, I just gave up and stopped playing.

I would also like to confirm what someone else said earlier that using a VPN connection to take a different route and bypass whatever offending peer is causing this DOES fix the issue. Really hope this gets fixed soon. If Blizzard would like me to submit some tests for more data I can.

1 Like

Just keep playing on those VPNs, mine keeps me at 33ms instead of 200+

Hey folks,

We’ve reached out to CenturyLink to see if we can get this resolved with them. In the mean time, your best bet is going to be using an alternate network (mobile hotspot or VPN) to work around the problem. We’ll let you know when the issue appears to be resolved so you can retest.

Thanks again for all the information. As of now we don’t need any more tests, though feel free to keep reporting the issue.

That’s not their internet service provider ding dong

Then what is it?

I have been having this issue for over a week and i dont have Centurylink I have Metronet.

I didnt want to make my own thread but i have been having the same issues over the past week or so too. My pings are over 700 at this very moment for world and 800 home, always seems to happen after 7pm for me.

|------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
| WinMTR statistics |

Host - % Sent Recv Best Avrg Wrst Last
EMG3425-Q10A.zyxel. com - 0 554 554 0 0 10 0
10.201.128.1 - 0 554 554 1 1 13 1
10.192.110.101 - 0 521 521 3 104 4306 4
69.174.129.152 - 0 554 554 3 3 11 4
eqix-ix-ch1.blizzard. com - 0 554 554 8 40 155 75
ae1-br02-eqch2.as57976. net - 5 474 454 333 545 632 579
be2-pe02-eqch2.as57976. net - 5 473 453 0 544 618 505
24.105.62.129 - 5 471 450 362 540 623 495
________________________________________________ ______ ______ ______ ______ ______ ______

WinMTR v0.92 GPL V2 by Appnor MSP - Fully Managed Hosting & Cloud Provider

Back again as well.
Connection to ae-1-3508.ear7.Chicago2.Level3.net has 97% packet loss still.

Yep the issue seems to be back. Just logged in an already at over 250+ ping

Issue is back for me as well!

I’ve been talking with centurylink about this issue for the last 15 days, and they are getting close to comcast level of idiocy. I suggest everyone complain to get partial if not full credit for their last month bill, as I got two weeks so far.

I love the “we don’t own level3 so there is nothing we can do about it”, when they actually do own level3

2 Likes

I’m hating centurylink so much, but it’s the best internet I can get where I live sadly…

My only other option is comcast, and years of dealing with their problems lead me here.

Would be nice to have a response form blizzard. I even tried tweeting at them and I haven’t gotten anything. Have raid on tuesday/friday this week and next week i’ma be at blizzcon so :frowning:

Starting up again

And again tonight… 222ms was 13ms then changes again like clockwork, every single night for 3 hours…

Back to lag again …

Blizzard has commented several times in this post.

Can we get an ETA on when this issue will be resolved? It is impossible to raid with 450ms latency that only is happening between 7-11pm EST, when most of us raid.
Other than those times in the evening, all is well with normal latency and no other games are effected.