High killing blow counts in BG

As a ww monk, I don’t have high damage in BGs. But I always rank top in killing blows. Usually either I am the top one or the top melee one, sometimes fall under a pally or a warrior.

How come?

Without context, it could be hard to say. You could either be a wizard at killing targets quickly (keeping your damage low), or someone that is good at identifying which target to kill but lacks a solid damage dealing rotation. You could be a great defender killing people as they come in or someone who doesn’t get in the middle to cleave everything even though you fight in the roads as your team loses every point.

Can you provide more insight into your general playstyle to give us a bit more to work with, by chance?

1 Like

If you have the set bonus then it’s just because we can consistently hit pretty hard in short windows, which result in landong kills.
The reason we don’t do a lot of dmg done in bgs is because we can’t sit in fights for any extended period of time

1 Like

It could also be just abusing ToD over and over.

Like that sub rogue who waits till your 15% hp then kill steals. I’ve seen monks do the same. They don’t help fight but when a players gets to 10% they fsk in then spam ToD to score the killing blow but added zero to the actual fight.

Without seeing a video or being in the bg there is a lot of reasons you can top killing blows but have really poor damage.

Sometimes it is good because your a beast that is killing before healers can cause your dps to become a struggle and other times it’s cheesing ToD to kill steal.

If you’re not focused on KBs on a BG you ain’t playing pvp alright.

1 Like

Who needs objectives … lol

Sadly this is what half of my bgs deevole into.

1 Like