High Key Rating to be Adjusted January 31

Pretty much what happened in the past. Keys that are higher than loot rewards have been about score. This was a good change to reduce score inflation. I don’t think they took it far enough and should reduce score for untimed keys below 21. At least to how it was in SL.

3 Likes

Revert this change and make depleted keys award rating 1.5-2 key levels lower than timed ones, like it was before Dragonflight. Right now an untimed key can give equal or better rating than a timed key 1 level below. This change is overcorrecting that problem. Don’t come up with an ‘innovative’ fix for a problem you yourself created, just revert the rating system to the pre-DF values.

5 Likes

How about make it so keys don’t deplete anymore, FFS. You guys are so out of touch with the player base.

15 Likes

Keys need to deplete. If anything they can have 2 or 3 charges to attempt before depleting, but no to removing depletion completely.

4 Likes

I pushed M+ in SL. This is much, much worse. I’ve wiped in higher keys and still timed. Now, one wipe and a group is completely dead because there’s even less incentive to take that chance.

This change, to put it bluntly, is complete trash.

6 Likes

Revisiting the scoring system as a whole is something we may do in future Seasons.

But any changes are inherently retroactive, and must be to be fair. We don’t want to make a midseason change that would lower the Rating a majority of M+ players, dropping many of them below important thresholds.

Thus, this is a surgical change to sharpen competition at the very high end, while minimizing the midseason impact to the majority.

4 Likes

Yeah more bonuses for the try hards. Look you get extra points that do you nothing since your already 3000 io and 420 ilvl

1 Like

I see how this is a problem as it is right now in very high keys, and the change is okay within the context of -extremely high keys- (and only there).

What is not acceptable is having any impact on players pushing Keystone Hero. The cutoff doesn’t have to be +21 if you’re just aiming for the people at the top of the leaderboards. Make the cutoff at +23 and boom, the problem is gone without radically impacting people who just want Rank 13 upgrades.

KSH is obtainable with +18s.

Rank 13 is unlocked with 2400 score which is 100 points under KSH.

2 Likes

Really? All 18s 1 second in time is 2500?

How radically did they change the scoring formulas for that to be true?

They bumped up key difficulty to be ~2 key levels harder so a +13 DF is 15 SL.

With that change you can get KSM with timing just 13s. Likewise KSH with just 18s.

This change really shouldn’t impact many players who were going for 13/13 upgrades or KSH except the people who pushed a +20 SBG and a completion run of the 21.

3 Likes

They bumped up key difficulty to be ~2 key levels harder so a +13 DF is 15 SL.

With that change you can get KSM with timing just 13s. Likewise KSH with just 18s.

Oh, okay. Well, this change is probably fine then, since there’s a 3 level gap between 18 and the cutoff at 21.

Carry on, my mistake.

2 Likes

Oops. You should reread all of this because you’ve grossly misunderstood what’s happening.

2 Likes

yeah this will really hurt all the people pugging their no-leaver 25s lol

5 Likes

This is bad. If you want to do that, do it next season, because now its too late for this season.

4 Likes

It’s not bad and it’s not too late.

How about balancing the tanks and healers so that Mythic + isn’t balanced around certain classes that are multiple tiers ahead of others.

7 Likes

This change was needed because I’ve been seeing 2800-2900 IO players with all failed +21/22s keys except for CoS/SBG. I look on raider io and they haven’t even timed any +20s in some dungeons.

I have all timed +20s and a few +21s so why should somebody that literally failed all +21 and +22s have 75-100 more points than me when they haven’t even timed +20s.

7 Likes

keys should not exist at all. they should be like torghast. approach font of power, select key level desired. only once you do +6 can you try +7

7 Likes

Its not even funny how this one change would quell 90% of the toxcicity.

1 Like