High Elfs are waiting to Rise Up

Her hair remained intact in the previews, possible result from a new battle? :thinking:

Maybe… …I think they’ve forgotten Alleria Stronghold. :thinking:

Alleria was the commander of High Elven forces during the Second War, this is true, but a leader is more than just a military commander. They are a politician, a figurehead, etc… It’s something Lor’themar struggled with for the longest time (and still does to a limited degree even now).

Alleria herself has never wanted that kind of power. She didn’t even want to succeed her mother as the Ranger-General.

This isn’t to say that she couldn’t become a leader, of course, simply that even right now she isn’t really one. She’s more of a champion of the Void Elves than a leader for them. While Umbric rules them, Alleria embodies their strengths and goals.

2 Likes

You’re cringe. Her hair isn’t even shaved.

3 Likes

High Elfs are waiting to Rise Up

We are already rising up. We are kicking butt and taking names.
Dont even think of going near the Sunwell.

Already obtainable on both factions. This is nonsense.

1 Like

Yeah but it looks like it

1 Like

Again, it looks like that typical cringe style we get nowadays.

1 Like

Womp womp you’ll survive

2 Likes

Only cringe wins.

Good job missing the new expansion point. She’s the one that ran away after triggering the ethereals.

Wat?

1 Like

You mean… at the Sunwell? When Lor’themar exiled her?

*cough*cough*

Did you forget what happen last time something interfered in the Sunwell?

Im sure the elves are smart enough to know how to protect their lifeline…

Sure, but what does that have to do with your assertion that:

I want a transmogable elf hat with elf ears so I can join the party.

Than we all can be elves!

I think shes referring to… Was it that Ethereal prince who speaks when the void walkers come out of the Sunwell… ?

But like… Alleria didn’t run away… she stayed helped fight them off then helped close the rift and then was exiled…so she left.

1 Like

It’s the best hairstyle too, because the concept of modern High Elves stems from Norse Mythology.

1 Like

Near the top ranks – current equivalent would be above field grade – military officers’ jobs are inherently political. Some tolerate it, others embrace it, but either way it comes with the territory. I don’t think she leans into the role with any great enthusiasm, but she’ll do the job if she has to.

Most of the time we see her operating independently.

In BFA, she led the Void Elf relief forces during the battle for Undercity, but then spent her time in Boralus helping the Alliance player from the ship. She didn’t even have any men around her. During the pre-Shadowlands novel, she and Turalyon are leading forces looking into leads about Sylvanas. With War Within, we see her in Dalaran, alone, apparently to go seek out Khadgar.

While she takes up a role as commander when it is needed, its not how she spends every waking moment. Even in the Shadowlands when she showed up it wasn’t with Ren’dorei soldiers in tow or any thing (although to be fair, even Vereesa didn’t bring anyone else with her for Sylvanas’ trial).

Alleria strikes me a bit more as an early Illidan sort of character, someone whom operates very independently, but commands when needed. Illidan himself ended up leading the Illidari, and I could see Alleria taking up a similar role someday. Right now though? She’s not a leader. She’s a commander as needed.