Hide clock on DF minimap?

The tiny clock shown on the DF minimap on the far-top-right; I want that gone! Previous xpacs (iirc) and current-Classic Era and WotLK had a simple Interface option to hide the clock on the minimap. DF doesn’t.

I can use SexyMap addon to replace the entire minimap and then hide the clock, but that’s overkill. Is there perhaps a more simple approach to keep the DF UI, but just remove the minimap clock?

For the times I have free time to play games, I like loosing track of time and not knowing what time it is.

/run TimeManagerClockButton:Hide() TimeManagerClockButton:HookScript("OnShow", function(self) self:Hide() end) GameTimeFrame:HookScript("OnEnter", function() GameTooltip:SetOwner(UIParent) end)

The UI loads the clock at PLAYER_LOGIN so if you wanted to turn this into an addon you would have to take that into account. You would also need something extra if you wanted to be able to toggle it on for any reason.

Disables the Calendar tooltip also.

2 Likes

Thank you, that works great!

Is there perhaps a way to also hide the time when hovering over the calendar button?

Show the clock :wink:

Updated the code post above to do both (no calendar tooltip at all was the easiest to do)

1 Like

Thank you so much! It works great and I really appreciate it! :smiley:

1 Like