Hi, I started playing classic WoW a few weeks ago

Glad you’re enjoying Classic OP. I am as well.

1 Like

I wouldn’t mind my option 4 idea. Copy the Classic Server data, onto the new Server host and then progress what’s known as Classic, right now, over to TBC. To keep most people happy. There’s always some naysayer. Always.

1 Like

I don’t really have that much to do since the travel ban.

Thanks for the big welcome, good to see some other people enthusiastic about Classic.

They could do that and make some fresh start vanilla servers.

So, you want a copy & paste Classic Server, on the new server host, while the old Classic servers progress to BC, and some fresh Classic servers?

I know people have suggested this on the forums from time to time, but I don’t think there has ever been, nor will there ever be any serious consideration given to copying characters (other than for the PTR).

I might have gotten confused. I was meaning to progress the old servers and make fresh classic servers. No copying necessary because that just leads to problems that shouldn’t exist despite people wanting to benefit from cross realm with a copied character.

Which is why I suggest copying the Classic server data and pasting it over to the new server host, so the server host we’re already on can progress over to BC.

Let’s be clear on what you’re saying. Progress the Classic Server to BC. Which leads to Classic not really existing, anymore. And the new server host be a fresh Classic server. No, thank you. I’d rather have the fresh BC server host with the old Classic server still in tact than that.

Classic isn’t a bad game. Of course it has many flaws – but so does every other MMO.

Exactly. Because if we look at every expansion, there is something about it we didn’t like.

The difference with everything after Classic is that they are clear deviations from the core design of WoW.

It became a, “Let’s figure out lure more people in!” development process rather than a process based on the love for the RPG genre.

The more expansions, the less RPG elements they added but instead started forcing their stories down our throats while patronizing us as if our role in the game really mattered.

Classic is just a different game.