Hi Blizz, Here is what you arent getting about Ele Shams on Beta

First of I just wanna say I dont have SL Beta ive just spent time looking at other players providing content and ive played a ele sham since MoP
If you who are reading this have Beta feel free to post this at the official Beta part of the forum.

To start this off i wanna start with a question.
I think reworking Ele Shaman like you are currently are doing is trying to adjust something that doesnt need adjusting.
What you are trying to achieve with a Fulmination system is basicaly the same thing as the Maelstrom system

Maelstrom or Fulmination, in order for them to sucessfully work they basicaly have to work the same way as the other do anyway
This means in order for Fulmination to actualy start working on Beta any spell that generated Maelstrom in Legion and BFA needs to generate Fulmination and thats exactly what it did in WoD (more on that further down)

But if this achieves the same outcome, why would u even adjust it?

The only real difference between Legion + BFA and WoD and SL Beta is how earthquake works and even that is worse in SL

Ele currently in Shadowlands is bad, you can call it a bad version of WoD
To me it feels like were currently in WoD Alpha instead of where we actualy are

Why is this?

Its pretty obvious the devs looked at a time in WoW where Ele Shaman was peak fun (WoD) and said hey lets copy that, what can go wrong?

The Fulmination system is back and thats great but the majority of mechanics that actualy made the fulmination system work in WoD has NOT been introudced again Shadowlands

What is actualy missing?

Chain Lightning did give Fulmination charges in WoD. I know this was in at early stages of Alpha SL and ive no idea why it was removed
^https://wow.gamepedia.com/Fulmination

Lava Burst also gave Fulmination charges thru a Dreanor Perk called Improved Lightning Shield
^https://wow.gamepedia.com/Improved_Lightning_Shield

The stat Multistrike in WoD made it possible to get multiple charges of Fulmination with 1 spell
Here is what it looked like
^https://streamable.com/ftrvuj
(Look what 1 lava burst cast does to the Lightning shield buff in the upper right corner.)

Note: Because of the current Mastery for Ele shaman this is basicaly the same thing but back then an ability could generate more than 2 charges as shown in the video above
In this case its generates 3 charges

If you compare this to Shadowlands Beta right now only Lightning bolt give Fulmination and thats it.

About why Earthquake is worse, the ramp up time is just way longer than it has ever been

On Beta you need to cast 5 Chain lightnings to get a instant EQ if you dont manage to proc elemental overload
With elemental overload proc its about 2-3

In WoD 1 CL was enough because of a Dreanor Perk called Enhanced Chain Lightning
^https://wow.gamepedia.com/Enhanced_Chain_Lightning

Summary

If a Fulmination system is what you want, As long as Chain Lightning does not give Fulmination, Ele shaman will be in a worse state than it has been in a previous expansion

In order for the Fulmination system to start working on Beta you need to make every ability that generated Mealstrom now generate Fulmination instead
Thats what made it working in WoD

This will basicly create the same outcome as the Maelstrom system so in reality you arent actualy changing anything.

Because the stat mulitstrike does not exist anymore there needs to be a few abilities that generates 2 Fulmination charges (not including Mastery Proc) as baseline.
Icefury for example should be one of them

Shadowlands version of Earthquake needs to be proced faster as it did in WoD or with a Maelstrom system in Legion and BFA, this played out a lot better with the rest of the spec and if not working will only cause the spec to fall short in key areas where its supposed to succeed in

Extra

If I could suggest 2 spells that would make it back during the unpruning its Gust of Wind and Unleash Flame.
Both of these spells synergizes incredibly well with the spec and provided strength in areas where the spec needed

13 Likes

I second this. Enhance will have similar issues with the Talent Fire Nova, yet no way to extend the duration or spread flame shock.

It’s clear there is a disconnect somewhere as to understanding what made MoP/WoD shaman dps specs work.

1 Like

So these two conduits might actually fix those concerns. These are them at max rank.

Shake the Foundations:
Casting Earthquake has a 30% chance to instantly cast Chain Lightning at a random enemy in the Earthquake.

High Voltage:
Lightning Bolt has a 60% chance to generate an extra stack of Fulmination.

Absolutely they will help but I dont think a spec should be broken baseline and require Conduits to actualy work.
With that said the conduits comes with RNG so I dont like this at all if this what blizzard thinks will make the spec work

4 Likes

good explanation , yeah in WoD getting stacks of fulmination was easy and fast

In SL it looks slow

EQ needs to be instant cast after 1 or 2 CL otherwise the pulls is already dead

2 Likes

Well I mean thats basically how Legion Artifact weapons worked and people loved Legion. Thats why the transition to BFA was such a nightmare a majority of the specs just could not function properly without the traits that the Artifact Weapon provided.

1 Like

No CD on flame shock please.

6 Likes

Legion worked at the end of the expansion. Earlier people complained so much about them not being able to enjoy the class because they haven’t unlocked the power, or because they level up other spec artifact, and many more especially legendary. During Argus everyone pretty much get every thing unlocked, although the spaceship talent thingy became new problem. But the class was great after we unlocked all our artifact trait.
This is what they should stop to be doing. They should not design a class to be complete after unlocking trait, conduit or must have specific items, the class should be complete even while the character is naked. That way, gear, covenant, conduit, and everything would empower the class to be more powerful instead of making it complete.

6 Likes

Amen to that

1 Like

Having no cooldown on Flame Shock would be bad.

If the CD was removed from FS then Lavasurge would have to be nerfed as would Lava Burst itself.

All to what end? Ele is not a dot spec.

I mean, while out in the world just mobbing around it would be nice but if you really break down what this ask would entail, I believe we are better off just leaving it as is.

2 Likes

Yes! You’ve taken all of my thoughts and tied them together with a neat little bow. Honestly I kinda wish they would just do what they did with Enhance and basically return Elemental to a nearly identical state it had in WoD, but I’m dreaming at that point.

Doesn’t really fix anything about Elemental… just makes us a multi-dotting class. I know some people probably loved no-CD Flame Shock but I have never rolled a shaman to multi-DoT and I found no-CD Flame Shock really out of place for our class in general. I echo the same thoughts Brujha has.

3 Likes

I’m thinking of this purely through a PvP standpoint.

Healer’s just dispel your FS on cd.

I recall well the days of the “Core of Primal Elements” and loathed it. *shudders

This is why I dont Beta anymore. People list the problems with a class, Blizz ignores it, waits 6 months then goes “O well maybe we need to tweak this and this and BAM it’s fixed”…yea we told you that 6 months ago…

1 Like

Agree, right now this is Legion all over again except now were changing from Mael - > Fulm instead of Fulm -> Mael where in reality to have both versions actualy work these changes doesnt actualy change anything

Shaman life is tragic compared to other classes. I have a feeling its because there arent any active devs actualy playing the class

Also if anyone have Beta feel free to post the OP in the designated Shaman feedback thread.
You dont even need to quote me just copy it and paste.

I really dont see how the spec will work unless these changes are implemented

1 Like

Your sentiments have been said around 8 posts or more in the last week or so on beta feedback for elemental.

Many, if not all people playing elemental right now are complaining and pointing out the brokenness of fulmination. They have made it work in the past, as they made maelstrom.

There has been wowhead posts, SEL posts, and forum posts, so I am hoping that blizzard is seeing it and going to act upon it.

Ion said in his interview with preach, "we don’t usually tell anyone our ideas of fixes until we have said fix for that ". I realize classes are different, but I can only hope they have an eye on it and are going to mend what they broke.

1 Like

When I read the Shaman Feedback thread all I see are posts saying
Lava burst is bad
This talent is bad
Seismis Thunder is bad
Our defensives are bad
Ppl talking about numbers tuning coming so you shouldnt worry
FS need longer duration and shorter CD

Nothing of this matters if they dont make a Maelstorm or Fulmination fully functional

Shadowlands change from Maelstorm made Ele jump back to step 1. Everyone in the feedback thread is trying to fix step 2 3 4 5 6 7 while the spec will not work if step 1 doesnt work

1 Like