Hey guys, I had a question about Outlaw with the coming nerf

I was thinking about fully committing to leveling this guy not only because outlaw is currently good, but also because I’ve never really leveled a leather class and I like the pirate theme. As someone who doesn’t usually do high rank keys, how much is my damage going to be impacted by the coming aoe nerf?

outlaw rogues will still be OP, beside the nerf doesnt do any to his utility that none other class can replace.

Don’t. Rogues will only be utilized for their stealth following the nerf. DH, monk, warrior, and just about every other class will out-dps rogues. The nerf was targetted at removing rogues from the meta. When else have you seen an class’s only AoE damage spell nerfed by 30%? Did it happen when DKs were blowing everyone out of the water with their AoE burst? Nope. Just rogues.

3 Likes

Kaethoren is garbage tier rogue and his thoughts on the mater should be deleted from everyones memory.

Rogues are still going to be very strong and the #1 choice for M+. Sperg lords will no longer be able to play them poorly and still do insane damage.

3 Likes

Outlaw will be a dead spec just like sub, over 33% nerf to aoe makes this spec pointless with it’s subpar single target, therefore assassination might still be a good M+ spec if you want to level a rogue.

4 Likes

Higher teams might no longer take 2-3 rogues every run = sky is falling

mmo-champion forums are in full meltdown too because apparently ‘cleave is the only thing that outlaw brings’

you guys ever open your spellbook and use all those wonderful non-damage abilities in there ? other specs wish they had a fraction of the utility you still have

are these the same rogues that sit there while trash spams non-interruptable abilities without using KS,CS,gouge,blind, etc. ?

“the sky is falling! the sky is falling!”
try telling “no one gets nerfed” to my demo lock…

1 Like

Just play the spec you enjoy. All can do fine in M+. Yes even sub.

1 Like

Where are people getting these 30-33% less damage figures?

I’m reading 15% less damage from blade flurry, and a 2% reduction to the current wits proc rate. Is the latter somehow responsible for an additional 15-18% loss?

How much is 15% out of 45%? 1/3 which is 33%!! that’s how much our aoe got nerfed not even counting the keep your wits trait. And people calling this minor nerf oof.

3 Likes

Post nerf your overall total dps at the end of a dungeon will be hit by about 15% which is going to put us below the majority of specs.

4 Likes

Yeah, that’s what I figured. I get that it’s a 33% reduction to blade flurry, and I’m no math wiz, but 15% less damage coming from blade flurry only seems like it woild result in 15% overall DPS loss. Which is still too much, but certainly not 33% overall DPS loss.

Really needed nerf to outlaw, they fall from god tier to tier 1, the nerf should be even further, since they still have ton of utility. You know that something is overpower when you see triple rogues in MDI top tier.

1 Like

Literally one more piece of utility than assassination rogues, who will replace us in the MDI.

Fixes nothing. Just leaves rogue with one viable spec out of three.

Other classes need better utility, or dungeons need to be designed in such a way that one class’s utility isn’t outshining all the others. But that’s hard to do, and flipping off rogue players with a nerf bat is easier.

4 Likes

Maybe we can give assa Acrobatric Strikes too?

1 Like

Don’t see how that would solve anything when Sins problem is that the tank cannot chain pull or you basically have half a DPS since you need to be able to restealth.

15% reduction to blade flurry isnt a 15% DPS overall loss. It’ll depend on how much damage blade flurry makes up of your overall damage.

Just take your average blade flurry damage on a trash pull and multiply it by .66 because that’s what is happening here. Or go do a full dungeon and look at overall damage and do it there and that’s how much less damage you’ll be doing.

2 Likes

Thanks for the explanation. That makes more sense. That… actually doesn’t sound so bad now.

EDIT: I wonder if trying to shift the damage away from blade flurry a bit via talent selection or essences might mitigate this in some way. Wondering if killing spree or blade rush might be the better pick over dancing steel for M+ now. Maybe Purification Protocol or Crucible minor instead of lucid dreams.

i understand the aoe nerf, but they should have given us a 10% dispatch buff or something because our single target is just not very good. really seems like a knee jerk response but i suppose that’s blizzards MO

2 Likes

I don’t understand it. It coud have been something that capped our number of blade flurry targets, which would reduce our M+ aoe damage, but left us viable on 2-4 target raid boss fights.

We weren’t exactly top tier in the raid. Middle of the pack. Now take 33% off the damage we do in raid on 2-4 target fights. Then consider how spectacularly poor our pure ST is. We’ll have zero raid viability with this “fix” – and the problem it aims to solve (rogues overrepresented in M+ will still be an issue, because we still have all the utility. It’s just gonna be assassination rogues now.)

Bad fix. Address the M+ outlaw problem in a way that doesn’t kill outlaw raid viability.

Bad fix. Address the overrepresentation of rogues in M+ by intelligently designing dungeons in a way that makes use of other class’s utility as much as or more than ours. Or, perish the thought, give other classes desireable utility.

Don’t just gut the class like this because you’re too lazy to fix the bigger issues. It’s a core DPS spec since day 1, and you’re leaving it with one viable spec out of three for raiding, and M+.

3 Likes