"Hey guys, I am a Dragon." "Hi Dragon."

I brainstormed for some time and after finally getting my Vial of Sands, I am ready to expose my lore here!

Disclaimer: English isn’t my mother tongue, but I am afraid that there aren’t roleplayers in South America, sadly.

About me:

I am a mature, pro-LGBT+, 29yo Artist, Christian and I love Dragons. I would love to talk about my latest project. You see, I have a few characters on Moon Guard. One Kul Tiran and one dwarf, currently level 50 and 29!

Since the dawn of Warcraft I always had a fond for Dragons and I researched a lot about their lore. Currently, I roleplay as a Bronze Dragon who’s an Agent of the Bronze Dragonflight, investigating some calamities in the flow of time. I will be based around Azeroth, talking to your character (if you allow me to).

But I won’t reveal myself, of course. Naturally, I will be low profile. I researched about former Dragon RPers who were Mary Sues, transforming themselves in Dragons in the public (using either Mage Staff or Vial of Sands), being demigods in RP events and telling everyone at the inn that they are a Dragon.

I won’t do that.

I will be discreet, I promise.

So, here’s the question:

1 - any guild accepting a new player willing to further enroll in their activities, growing up with the guild? I am very sociable and a good person to keep around. I don’t care if the guild is big or small, I just want to have a good time and develop my dragon’s lore.

2 - are there any Dragons here on Moon Guard? I would love to talk to them. Learn from them. Discuss with them.

I appreciate if you read this far and I hope you have a wonderful day / night, depending of the time that you will read this.

Please, in the end, I only want a place to call home and a few friends. I have none so far. And some in my Dwarf, who I will keep playing, but I am focusing in this Dragon for the moment.

Thank you, Moon Guard.

3 Likes

Aww, I love this concept, there are actually a couple dragon guilds around the server, I’m not sure what their names are anymore as it has been a hot minute since I came across them, but just be yourself and have fun, I’m sure there are plenty of guilds that would love to take you in :sparkles:

That being said if you’re looking for an Alliance guild and you’d like a place to call home for now, my guild has taken in a couple dragon rpers in the past before and they’ve rp’ed just fine around others and were generally really friendly people. We’re a social event planning and entertainment company :sparkles: I have not fully returned to the game yet thus my guild is being run at this time by my co-gm Dreyfusxano, add him to friends and send him an in-game letter if you’re interested, I’ll let him know to keep an eye out for ya :sparkling_heart:

If however you are looking for a Horde side guild, I’d recommend checking out the :bookmark: Comprehensive Guide to Moon Guard Horde Guilds - Moon Guard - World of Warcraft Forums (blizzard.com) for a good start on finding a guild as well :sparkles:

Also congrats on getting your Vial of Sands, that is a wonderful milestone for any player to achieve :sparkler: :sparkling_heart:

4 Likes

thank you for your kindness!

When I see the notification I thought ‘damn, they are gonna roast me.’

Your gentle words surprised me and I hope you have a wonderful day. I am gonna check that thread!

I can play in the Alliance too! But I would love to meet some Dragons

3 Likes

Hello! I don’t play WoW as of right now, but I have experience of RPing a green dragon from 2009 to 2013(retired/deleted character), a bronze from ~2017 to current, and two blue dragons; one ranging from 2011 to 2016 (Had to cut dragon RP out due to unfortunate events) and the other ranging from 2018 to now! So if you have any questions, I’d love to help since Dragon and Titan lore are my favorite tidbits from the game!

You sadly hopped on the dragon train far too late since, to my knowledge, there isn’t a large dragon community anymore especially due to the ones you’ve heard about and gave them bad light in the MG community. There were some good ones out there that I would like to point you towards, but they don’t play the game anymore either.

As for guilds, a lot of them are more welcoming to this form of RP especially on the Horde side! The Horde side of MG are a lovely bunch and most will gladly help you dish out your character from my experience!

A word of warning however, which I’m full sure you know of, be careful in the community as it is now. There’s been a lot of targeting recently and dragon rpers are an easy target since, typically, they’re in a small friend group. So, please, be careful.

5 Likes

Thank you!

I hope you are well as I write this.

First, any tips for a Dragon? I mean, WHO COULD KNOW that I am a Dragon, besides my aspect? A best friend, perhaps? My allies?

Two, can I bend Magic as a Bronze Dragon or Magic is exclusively for Blue Dragons?

And finally, can you point some guild, if you can of course, that would accept me as a Dragon? I am very late to the party, yes, but according to a few leaks maybe the next expansion (10.0) will be Dragon-centric!

3 Likes

I’m quite well, thank you for asking. how about yourself? :slight_smile: whoops entered it early LOL!

People are prone to godmoding information like that these days sadly, even if they have no connection to any dragonflights in anyway. Nothing you can’t really do about that. Don’t worry if you feel like you can’t tell friends or allies, that’s totally acceptable. You might even make one your own humanoid assistant that could develop into making them a dragonsworn since that was common with the Bronze.

As for tips, and from personal experience, I would suggest making a side background story for your character besides being a dragon… like a normal RP character for people you don’t want to tell ICly. You don’t have to exactly do this though because with Bronze dragons, I’ve found they’re more accepting to be seen around in public than a red or blue because people don’t really RP them.
Another tip would be to read into some Titan lore along with further reading deeper into major lore events or events that the bronze/infinite dragonflight has been apart of.
I don’t really have any RP tips, it’s a very open book when it comes to that but going along with what I said above, it would be best to have something ready to use if people become suspicious IC.

Time for magic! (Like the pun?)
You are 100% allowed to bend magic, you come from a race who has seen all timelines and bend it to allow heroes to fix what the Infinite tried to ruin. It would be weird if you weren’t allowed to. You just wouldn’t be able to have full access to the leylines like the Blue do since they have the password to the coding. Try looking up some chronomancy from the game and maybe dip your toes into the DND lore of it, it’s a great read.

Now for guilds… I only know of at least 5 Horde guilds, but the best one to go to would be Mirchea’s guild since it is Argent Crusade focused. That allows you to interact with Alliance players more easily as well and probably find an Alliance contact for dragon purposes, but I also suggest trying to get into neutral RP events, and there’s plenty of those, since that is also a good way to find a guild.

If 10.0 IS dragon-centric, I might swing around again and it might bring a big, and hopefully good, revival to dragon RP. Maybe even make it more acceptable since it might be a race. Fingers crossed!

3 Likes

I type too much

3 Likes

Heya fellah. This is my Twilight Dragon RP character. I’ve had him for a few months now and have really enjoyed him.

I would say just let people whom your character trusts know that they are a dragon. Tyran has told a few Void elves but, that’s really it. Because being a Dragon isn’t the center of his personality :3 maybe other dragon rolelayers could also tell. Or demon hunters.

Using arcane magic isn’t limited to the blue dragonflight by any means :slight_smile: most famously, the red dragon korialstrasz was an accomplished wizard in his own right, and a member of the Kirin tor’s council of six.

Tyran here tends to blend in among Void Elves, whom he finds relatable. So he can use his natural gift for shadow magic openly, but hasn’t really delved much into arcane sorcery himself.

3 Likes

Don’t worry @bluie, you were clear and I loved your reply.

@Tyranthion

Mind if I whisper you in-game? I will create a High Elf right away!

EDIT: Guys, something crazy happened

I am farming money because this is my first Horde character. I dropped a blue gear. I put in the AH and it was being selling, WITH BIDS, for 320k. LOL

3 Likes

While I haven’t played in a while, I’ve been considering returning. This character is a red dragon that I’d played for a bit in the distant past. Her entire deal was that she was trying to cope with recent events (Looking at you, DK story campaign), and in so doing, took up a career as a jester in her human guise.

She never really told anyone about her true nature, but found a genuine passion for the art of entertainment and general shenanickry brought about by the profession. In the meantime, she also studied human pyromancies and gained an affinity for some small arcane trickery.

She was supposed to be a fun, light-hearted character; with a bit of gravitas at her core for those willing to RP with her for a longer period of time.

I’d have to work to recapture the spirit of the character, but in the case that I do decide to play again, I’ll hit you up.

1 Like