Hey devs, just sayin, nobody is complaining about classic PvP and there's no balance over there (4Head)

If they allowed classes to actually do damage again and actually be able to kill healers them Id wager the PvP would be much better.

Right now BFA PvP is genuinely terrible and I really do think that BFA players have some sort of Stockholm syndrome. Seriously coming back from classic for some BG’s legitimately tilted me…and I only played one.

Nobody does any damage and it’s basically everyone PvE’ing each other down. People give up 10 seconds in.

Ret paladins are still broken overpowered. Healers again, just do not ever die.

I’ve really noticed that even though classic PvP is very unbalanced at least we can actually get a solo kill on someone before they can react. Or you could mess up, and they instantly turn the fight around. PvP feels more exciting because of this huge damage.

BFA you could spend 5 minutes on a guy and he just heals through everything from all the stupid raid gear and talents that there’s no point even playing PvP lmao I should just go LFR at least I signed up for PvE.

1 Like

Nobody is complaining about Classic PvP?

You don’t watch the forums enough.

4 Likes

Are you talking about a 1v1 situation?

Nobody expects Classic PvP to be balanced. No changes, etc.

Players have different expectations for BFA PvP. Getting a solo kill on someone before they can react isn’t one of them.

1 Like

I don’t understand why healers should be killed 1-1 by a DPS…how do you expect them to heal
Others when they can’t even keep themselves alive ???

5 Likes

classic pvp is ten times worse

imagine winning a duel just because u resisted more than ur enemy did.

now thats SKILLLLLL BROOOOO

1 Like

Ok so my disc was able to lol against 5 dps before as long as I had cd. Reflective shield was awesome too…but now, 2 can kill me so no…healers got nerfed enough. Get good heh

In classic you knew what you were getting before you signed up. Hindsight is 20/20. The ones that play it have a different tolerant level than those who play bfa.

It’s also interesting that you mention rets being op. Rets are counters to rogues in bfa. Yet you praise classic where you have more distinct rock paper scissors balancing. (Rogue beats mage, mage beats war, war beats rogue.)

1 Like

People made fun of arena being druid running around a pillar but BGs have basically just become druid running around without even needing a pillar to LoS.

1 Like

Sounds like a you problem

other games make it work just fine, by having others shield and block the healer. as it is, that doesnt work well in wow, but could be worth exploring to make the game more fun

I am curious what 2 games currently are doing that and making PvP work

overwatch and paladins. dps can easily solo healers in both if you can get to them. in overwatch your team is supposed to make it hard to get to healers, in paladins they are generally pretty easy to kill, but they all can do solid damage too.

Thanks

Never played either , so in both games the healers die to DPS but there are tanks that can protect the healer?

Also are these MMO’s?

they are online multi player games, and yes tanks and dps protect the healers. overwatch is 6 vs 6, paladins 5 vs 5

healers are tuned around 3s in wow

Ah ok different genre. Makes sense since that’s all it is.

I guess blizzard could convert PvP into a separate game . But that would involve giving resources to it. Currently it’s integrated and pve change affects PvP and vice versa

Also why are healers so defenseless while damage dealers and tanks are not?

What would be the incentive for a random player to queue as a healer

most gamers just dont want to heal period. all of these games have that problem in pvp

overwatch is very much about playing with your team and being coordinated. this is more important than individual skill

paladins kind of marches to their own beat really. healers have high healing output but lack defenses and are pretty easily killed themselves. they can also do a lot of damage, more so than wow or OW. they are easy prey to flanks which are high damage, high mobility, but tanks kill flanks

Would you say those games are easier to “balance” vs mmo progression based pve centric game?

Pretty sure OW only has classes. Not specs within the classes.

Nobody is complaining about Classic PVP because there isn’t going to be changes to it. Knowing this, I have no desire to play it, thus I have no reason to complain about it.

Also, OP said ret was overpowered and I couldn’t help but laugh. Ret isn’t overperforming in any bracket of play, including RBGs. Not sure where this came from beside left field.

your character is essentially your class and spec in OW. Paladins actually does have specs, i guess no one here plays that. its been a top free game on steam and xbox live for a few years now

i know wow is not trying to be those games but it could learn from them. they were both clearly inspired by wow too. paladins isnt a blizzard game but they have spells like blink and ice block