Heroic Sire Phase 3 transition

Hey everybody, need some community help.

Issue: Sire is transitioning to p3 before 40%. It’s been as high as 49%, but usually occurs in the 46% range. At least that was last night’s experience for us when we got more solid time getting through p2.

Now I’ve searched far and wide only to find one unanswered post on reddit about this issue/occurrence. No guide or video I’ve seen says or shows anything other than around or at 40%. Is there something we are missing, because we cannot make the dps requirement with 9% more.

Thx for any feedback.

1 Like

I’ll copy what I wrote in the other thread here as different op so in case you dint see the other.

There is no 4th set of adds only 3 than think it’s 1 min w.e the expected time to get the 4th set would be on the normal time between adds he transitions regardless of hp.

You missed the dps check of phase 2 as such the punishment is starting phase three with more health and as such likly to snowball to a wipe as more hp on the harder phase with already low dps means you won’t met the phase 3 dps check thou you might as mabye you wasted to much dps avoiding mechanics or killing adds taking your time. In the end the punishment for missing the p2 dps check is a harder phase 3 push faster next go.

The dps to Tran p2 on time is less than the dps required to not hit the hard enrage p3 (room full of red). While p2 you get boosted dps from multi target (sword and him share hp plus adds) so if you can met a lower dps requirement to do p2 your realistically not doing p3.

Honestly speaking the answer is get better dps now days even with 210 ilvl you will have the dps to push with only three sets from the nerfs assuming the dps are only about avg on there classes. With 215-220 ilvl where most people are come heroic donny missing the 3rd set is not only quite possible but expected as the dps requirement is significantly less than when that methiod was norm (week one for top end groups in 216 a group gear) but we got higher ilvl more than making up for the lower skill. If you can push before the fourth set of adds (the forces trans) furthermore the third the issue is simply put and no offense, your dps needs to go sit on a target dummy before raid after looking up there class.

You should be having the melee cleave of the boss not targeting adds at all just aoe will kill the melee adds, while range alike between the two range adds pop there cds on the adds burst them thab swap to boss with better range same thing but use cds on boss. Adds should be dead before first hand each time.

1 Like

Sadly blizzard doesn’t mention everything in the dungeon journal for bosses. Some bosses, like Darkvein “phase” when a certain condition(s) are met that are not listed in the guide. For Darkvein she phases when either her health hits 75%, 50% and 25%, or around 1.5 minutes has occurred since the last Anima container has been “focused”. I use the word “phased” instead of a new anima container gets focused to keep things simple. She only has 1 phase in truth. Sometimes blizzard keeps in mechanics that do not occur on that difficulty.

I go into further detail about this in the other thread. Where I use a recent boss that is like Denatharius.

When it comes to some of these dps checks, the guys writing the guides might not have experienced them. Or they find that they are not important to mention because they assume that you can meet the dps checks to avoid these time based transitions.

You can also use the bosses Wrecking Pain to debuff the ranged adds (1 ranged add per wrecking pain) so they take 50% more damage. He does around 2 before each hand of destruction. If you can clip the melee adds in that is also a bonus.

My guild’s had this happen to us – going into p3 before 40%. I’m not sure what does it.

I think the solution is just to change your priority from ‘get the adds down as fast as possible’ to ‘how can I maximize my damage in p2’.

The healers won’t like it because the adds will stay up longer but it’s what is needed to push the phase.

I’m pretty sure it’s a timer. You can’t keep him in P2 indefinitely so if your DPS isn’t high enough you eventually get dragged into P3 no matter what.

Yes it is a timmer it matches the time the 4th add set would spawn. He transitions rather than spawning the 4th set.

1 Like