Herod, real talk

There post clearly indicates excessive queue times ON LAUNCH for Herod. Excessive is not 10 minutes.

Seems like a lot of people are over exaggerating the population of Brazilians and South Americans on Thalnos too, it’s likely to hardly be over 20% of the playerbase and even then a majority of them will likely know how to speak some English regardless. But, hey, if that means no several hour queues just to play the game then I’m all for it.

Here’s the thing that concerns me. If blizzard cannot even predict how many servers to have open upon name res day, despite the warnings from players about how popular it will be, how can we believe that they have even a remote handle on the % of players that will leave before phase 2?

I would love to think they have an actual plan. However if they cannot even navigate name res day without predicting the impact avoiding streamers, weak server names, too few servers overall 2weeks prior to release, how are we to have confidence that release day onward will be anything but a biblical scale cluster?

Your “plan” cannot consist simply of blurting out “layers”, and decree that layers will be removed by phase 2, without actually making an effort to actively herd players where you want them. You do not open a handful of servers with select ones being purposefully and quite vocally shunned, leave no cap mechanism on them, continually adjusting the “algorithm” after the fact, and then do a hail mary sudden server opening 2 days later.

As I wrote above, many are literally invested in the names they got on day 1, and blizzard needs to do more than to blame the players.

Yep and right now I bet streamers are laughing their butts off. Cant say I blame them.

1 Like

Mark my words.
The number of players we have seen reserve names is a FRACTION of those who will SUB come LAUNCH.
I can tell you, Blizzard has no idea what’s coming.

3 Likes

This part right here explains what will happen when layering goes away and why they will not increase the cap anymore for launch. It appears as if things stay how they are it will be very unstable come p2.

They are very concerned about launch Herod. That post you just linked explains it.

Entitled - believing oneself to be deserving of privilege or special treatment.

Blizzard is not asking you to lose anything. You (the proverbial) chose to take time off. The fact that you don’t realize you are being an entitled brat just makes it more humorous.

4 Likes

Please just stop. It is abundantly clear you are just picking words out of a dictionary to appear smart, and you are failing utterly.

You only need to fight the queue once, after that never log off. Easy

1 Like

I have to agree.Anyone who sacrificed money by taking time off work for a video game has only themselves to blame. Entitled fits perfectly to such peopke.

2 Likes

You were proven wrong. Move on man it happens, this is not personal. Learn from it and get better.

1 Like

Indeed. I’ve never understood why people get so hung up on picking names, unless they have a brand attached to it, like Swifty or Asmongold. Like, all that matters is you are able to play the game.

Uh, no. You told him he didn’t know what ‘entitled’ means. He proved you wrong. Just because it doesn’t mean what you think it means doesn’t mean he’s trying to appear smart.

1 Like

And again, if one is not going to get the names they want to reserve at this late hour, knowing that they have 47 slots for characters left upon release, what incentive is there to delete the named characters you already have? Aside from an early start making your character look the way you want, what incentive is there to make them now rather than on release day?

I don’t think we should be fighting with ourselves about this whole scenario, It was blizzard that allowed such populations to exist to test their “layering” and it was blizz that allowed the population to exceed what the server could hold. Non of it is the players fault.

3 Likes

Do you not sleep? Do you not have maintenance Tuesday where you live? Have you never beed DC’d in game? 5 hour queues are going to be very annoying.

It sounds a whole lot like they should absolutely create new servers, but refuse to.

I’m still blaming Blizzard entirely as this whole situation could have easily been avoided by creating additional servers in each region.

2 Likes

Put something on cursor to auto walk into a wall

My brother made his characters on Herod and is too stubborn to move to another server because his friends are all on Herod too, so I decided to stay on Herod too. At the least Herod is going to be a crazy nut house for quite awhile. Just have to hope your not the one waiting for 6 hours to get in the game :smiley:

1 Like

I think i just realized how my old GM was always online back in wrath…