Herod: 50:50 Faction Balance

I’m speaking from my personal experience of being on both sides of the coin: For PvP realms, WPvP (and server health in general) is infinitely better when the factions are balanced.

Based on some of the larger polls, Herod’s balance is in a good spot right now (best case 55:45, worst case 60:40, both in favor of Horde), but we need to do better.

I played on servers at points when they were 70:30 (e.g., BH/Tich) as part of the 70%, and it sucks. It absolutely sucks. It’s a complete dumpster fire of an experience trying to WPvP when you’re 7v1’ing people. I also played on 50:50 servers (e.g. ED), and the grass really was greener. It’s incredible how great the WPvP is on balanced servers. Most fun of my life. Let’s make Herod a 50:50 server. We’re very close. Here’s how we can do it:

Alliance
If you’re Alliance, come to Herod. Period. GM’s especially. Help get some momentum going for your faction, and do your part to bring others to the realm. It will be well worth it.

Horde
Ideally, stay on Herod. I’d rather build up the Alliance than take down the Horde. But if you’re on the fence and your realm or faction isn’t important to you, then consider faction changing to Alliance, or moving to Stalagg to avoid login and battleground queue times.

Undecided
If you’re on the fence about which faction to choose, absolutely, 100%, go Alliance. We’re within striking distance of faction balance, and each person really can make a difference. Also, if you’re Alliance and are on the fence about your realm, 100% come to Herod.

Faction balance isn’t something that just happens. We need to work for it. Let’s make this happen. It’s something we’ll all benefit from, and the time and effort we invest now will pay off huge in the long run.

15 Likes

Herod discord has faction balance 65:35 horde right now.

4 Likes

I’m in two Herod Discord’s, and for people who’ve chosen a faction in the welcome channel, the current numbers are:

1488(H):1229(A)
1000(H):868(A)

Very close!

Literally a half dozen Alliance guilds could give us 50:50. That’s all it would take.

4 Likes

I’m seeing about 56/44 horde to alliance ratio. Which isn’t that bad.

1 Like

Please stop endorsing more people to join a “full” server. We don’t need it.

4 Likes

I have some news for you. All the servers are going to be full soon.

5 Likes

There’s definitely more horde right now. A lot of the people going stalagg should just roll alliance on Herod tbh.

1 Like

Herod is going to have 4 hour queues… good luck not playing the game

1 Like

No thanks, I’ll be sticking with Stalagg, and possibly moving to a new East Coast PvP server if one is made between now and launch. I’d rather not be sitting in a 4,000 person queue for two hours on opening day.

2 Likes

Cool story. I was talking more about serious players though.

Don’t trust those polls.

PVP servers are far outweighed by Horde, and the Alliance is just their underpopulated food. A ton of Horde players are rolling fake accounts and getting their friends to go into those online polls and say Alliance just to trick more food into rolling on their super unbalanced servers.

If the servers were truly balanced, Blizzard would be posting stats.

1 Like

Yes, because not wanting to wait 2-6 hours to be able to play the game every day for the first week of launch is the hallmark of a serious player.

Tons of Herod players are concerned now because they payed real money to get there stolen names.

I’ll sleep for the 4 hours I’m in queue not a problem.

Serious players don’t log off, bud. There’s no queue if you don’t stop grinding.

2 Likes

Once layering is removed Herod will have 10 hour queues. It’s full of pserver players who are on all day.

I like your name

Log off? You wont be able to log in.

I’ll be level 10 before half the people on Herod have even made it past the queue.

Why would other people log in before me if I’m the first one trying to log in?

1 Like

Yeah hopefully you don’t miss your queue time window before DC xD