Hero Spec Visuals

For sure. They completely missed the mark. As of yet at least.

I understand their reasoning about not wanting the Hero talents to be too big and too defining. Then it would become their own specs/sub-specs. But they need to be a heck more than they currently are. Or why even bother with them? Most of them you’d never be able to even see/guess what hero talents someone picked.

I would be fine if they only added visuals and had nothing to do with strenght/numbers. But it wouldn’t be Blizzard if they didn’t add a new system for player power. Perhaps this one actually stays evergreen though.

1 Like

The crazy thing for me is how these hero talents were discussed in vanilla beta; and then silence for roughly 20 years (for me and others) about this… and now it’s a huge disappointment.

Yeah, some are really cool and some are dull as dishwater.

Flameshaper evoker’s engulf should be visually interesting. It hits like a freight train but it’s visually like a little red fart poof on the target. Enkindle has no visual effect i can gather either.

Meanwhile you can instantly tell when someone is a scalecommander evoker. There’s guys always flying overhead dropping bombs on your targets, and the unmistakable mass disintegrate.

Chronowarden as well. Chronoflame is very distinct.

Also for DH. It feels almost impossible to tell that you have any hero spec at all. Fel-scarred has a lot of abilities that transform into other abilities but none of them look different.