Hermit crab/Whomper/Twilight sister counter?

Looking for a powerful counter to this team. Same person play this team constantly in my que, nothing i try seems to work.

Imperial silkworm vs. Whomper: goo him so he can’t run, consume until he’s dead. CC wont work on critters.

Strong flyer w/ defensives vs. crab: Teroclaw would be my go-to, a p/p moth would also work.

Detective Ray vs. Sister: slightly faster, so you can annoy her w/kick, jab will ruin her day. Use curse of doom solely so you know when she’ll be using dodge.

Bear in mind, this team will probably not fare well against anyone else. That’s the danger of trying to hard-counter a specific team.

1 Like

They have no weather-changers, so that’s always an option. Arcane Storm + a Ghostly Bite user like Wicker Pup would work.

Enchanted Pen will absolutely ruin the Hermit’s day.

Darkness teams will hurt as well.
DreadHatchling/Twilight/Shadow

Silkworm (w/Moth Balls) along with Poda’s Uncanny Luck is another fun idea to take out his crab and human.

Sneaky Marmot is another critter that can handle both TCS and Whomper.

Detective Ray, as mentioned above, indeed takes out 2/3 of your opponent.

Lastly, try out the new RWL Kor’thik Swarmling pet. It’s the new TCS stomper with Club, Prison and Takedown.

1 Like

I didn’t use any of the recommended teams, but I did use a team based on some of the recommendations. I used the Swarmling, Kun-Lai Runt, and Golden Beetle, all P/P, and just beat someone with obnoxious names: YouAreAwful, Deezscrubz and Scrubdawg.

I don’t like PvP pet battling, but I always wanted to use my Golden Beetle. With its Shield and Crouch defenses, it takes very little damage, and when it was just my Beetle and his Undead, it was no contest, and he ended up retreating during his immortal round.

I’m not even good at this, though. Teach him to call me a scrub!

3 Likes

I face this player regularly too. I went 2-1 against this player in this vid, using some of the pets recommended above:

My favorite counter to this team is Dread Hatchling, Spectral Raven and Frostfur Rat, but playing darkness gets boring pretty fast. The Spectral Raven is nice because does strong damage to the crab with Nocturnal Strike, does strong damage to the TCS and takes weak damage from the TCS.

3 Likes

Are you into Disco? Is that why you call yourself Discodoggy?

You know, last night, I had this horrifying dream that Disco was making a comeback.

At first, I was afraid…I was petrified.

3 Likes

But you’re still alive.

We should go stand in a corner and think about what we’ve done.

2 Likes

No Decoy counter. Squirky would make the just barely slower Whomper and sister absolutely miserable. Even if they always start with Hermit Crab, just stack up those Bubbles; a 228 pinch ain’t much of a deterrent. Block the Flash Freeze whenever you see the yeti, but be sure to keep Squirky alive for the dragon beatdown.

For the Hermit Crab you just need something with a one-two punch to cut through shielding and discourage swaps. The Enchanted Broom has Wind-Up as well as Sweep to shoo the sister away. A H/H Scourged Whelping can also be effective. Its Tail Sweep damage is considerable even against Shell Armor, it’s healthy enough to force the crab to cycle all of its defensives and shrug off Meteors in the backline, and Death and Decay will absolutely punish Whomper while Squirky is laying down the crowd control.

2 Likes

Short answer: yes, I do like disco.

Long answer: like most music lovers I listen to a wide variety of music.

Here’s are some of my current playlists on Apple music:

Andre Nickatina

Beach Blvd./Descendents

Bluegrass

Crass

Disco

Electro/Italo

Funk N Soul

Gao Ling Feng (Frankie Gao)

High School Rap

Hip Hop

Jay Reatard

Mandarin Classic

Mandarin Newer

Middle School and Elementary

Morning Gunfights (60s vocal pop like Gene Pitney lol)

Postpunk

Punk

Rear Admiral Takes (my own perpetually unfinished music)

Reggae

Rock/Metal

Ska

Talking Heads

The Jam

The Kinks

80s pop and synthy

And that’s just what I’m currently listening to.

At one point I had a list of my top ten favorite bands, I can’t remember it completely but I know The Jam, The Kinks, Wire, Public Enemy, Devo, and the Roots Radics/Junjo Lawes/Scientist trio were on it. Shame I can’t remember thew rest right now.

Recently I decided that the Dead Kennedys were my favorite band of all time, since I always seem to be listening to them no matter what period of my life, and Jello Biafra’s lyrics sit well with me.

I started spinning records when I was younger so I could be a dancehall reggae DJ, I then moved into spinning ragga jungle. I had the most success as a DJ spinning a mix of disco/booty bass/electro/italo, but I was always a small timer, playing to crowds of a hundred at most. Here is a mix I did with some friends if you’re interested:

(it was uploaded it in two parts since the track Sexy Robot was blocked by YouTube)

My biggest “guilty pleasure” is probably Vampire Weekend. Yeah, I like them. Second is probably Tyr because, you know, it’s viking metal and when you say “I’m listening to viking metal” it just sounds weird.

I just saw Egyptian Lover this weekend in Oakland, I listened to Yaz, Depeche Mode and Kraftwerk the other night while I was making dinner… blah blah blah

I could go on forever.

Edit: I love how the new forum says “eight days later” above my post, as if to mock my slow response time.

3 Likes