Heritage armors, and what quest would you make for the remaining races?

This is merely a thread exploring and finishing up of heritage armors for certain races that didn’t receive one, or can count the warfront armors as their races heritage armors. Now you can come up with something for the warfront races but I’m gonna throw out a suggestion for darkspear trolls.

The quest takes us back to the echo isles, our troll has proven ourselves in every theatre of combat imaginable and Rhokan believes it is time for us to be inducted into the shadow hunters, the quests would revolve around the ancient trials that a darkspear must go through in order to achieve this position, and ends with us being recognized as one perhaps even engaging in a fight against Rhokan as a final test? The armor in my mind would resemble something akin to Vol’jin own armor, lacking many big pieces giving one the impression of agility and a focus on stealthier approaches.

What would you all like to see as a quest chain for the races without one? What would it look like for you as well? Let’s explore this friendly topic and come up with narrative reasons for it, I also decided shadow Hunter since gilneans are named members of the grey guard at the end.

6 Likes

For Night Elves I have a few things in mind:

• If we don’t have Ashenvale back yet, maybe let us reclaim it in the questline? To go back to how things were before BfA. Forsaken players would also get Tirisfal back if they don’t have it yet.
  • Maybe make us go to Hyjal, Ashenvale and Darkshore and make us witness some rebuilding efforts by the Night Elves. Show us that there are still many alive, that there is a future for the race and that they don’t have to live at the brink of extinction now, show us new houses and towns being built and repaired
  • If Blizzard has ever planned to give us a new home, maybe include that in the questline? Perhaps something similar for forsaken players
  • Let Elune or the Winter Queen revive all the dead Night Elf souls from Ardenweald (which should be plenty be the end of the expansion) maybe?

I know I’m asking for much, but any of the things listed above would already be awesome for me.

5 Likes

Well only thing I have as a comment is heritage quests seem to deal more with past characters and events, so idk of showing modern reconstruction would work for Nelfs? That’s just me, maybe show them moving to hyjal and recounting the blessings bestowed upon it, then the legions invasion?

For the Darkspear, I’d like to see a quest that involves Rohkhan marrying Talanji and it somehow breaking the bargain with Bwonsamdi. The Darkspear have to war with their own primary Loa, but it ends with Vol’jin stepping in and taking both the Zandalari and Darkspear under this personal protection as the new Loa of Kings.

Bwonsamdi sulks a little about it but comes around when Rohkhan offers him a new bargain to protect the souls of all the Darkspear warriors. The Darkspear heritage armor is thus Bwonsamdi themed and causes the Troll’s skeletons to glow and gives off that dark blue smoky energy from their eyes and different pieces of the armor.

6 Likes

Well, for the Draenei there is something I’d like to see; the Ata’mal Crystal being reforged.

The questline starts with Velen calling upon the Player Character and informing the that he has had a vision regarding the fate of the Ata’mal Crystal, and it concerns the PC. The PC is the one destined to find the fragments and return them to the Draenei. Once the fragments have been assembled into the crystal proper, it’s power will be able to help heal Azeroth which is still recovering from it’s near death experience.

The heritage armor could be designed with replicas of the seven shards. Perhaps two floating over each shoulder, and three more floating over their heads. Since Lightforged Draenei got heavy armor for their Heritage Armor, I think seeing the Draenei with robes would be great. Maybe something inspired by what Velen wears.

11 Likes

I don’t want to see ok bwonsamdi become a villain to the darkspear though personally lol.

7 Likes

Well he wouldn’t be by the end. He’d be recommitted as the patron Loa of the Darkspear rather than the Zandalari. The Darkspear would just need to smack a little sense into the old Loa first and remind him who it was that were devoted to him before he went chasing after the Zandalari.

1 Like

I gotcha, it would be nice to see him re-dedicated to the darkspear, but to be fair to bwon he is aside from the farakki trolls universally worshipped and revered as the Loa of death. And zandalar is still the biggest center of trolls who worship the loa.

1 Like

Talanjii already had a chance to drop the Bwomsamdi bond and chose not to. Ditching it now would be weird, and also a huge shame, since it’s essentially the only interesting thing she has going on.

8 Likes

The Orcish Heritage Armor quest is simple, but very repetitive.

-Collect the heads 10 Alliance civilians, then the questgiver tells you you’re a bad person for following the quest instructions, and promise you won’t do it again. You go to the next questgiver in the chain.
-Collect the heads of 10 more Alliance civilians, then the questgiver tells you you’re a bad person for following the quest instructions, and you promise you won’t do it again. You go to the next questgiver in the chain.
-Collect the heads of 10 more Alliance civilians, then the questgiver tells you you’re a bad person for following the quest instructions, and you promise you won’t do it again. You go to the next questgiver in the chain.
-Collect the heads of 10 Horde Questgivers who keep telling you to collect the heads of innocent Alliance civilians for no adequately explained reason, call them bad people for it, and promise you will absolutely kill anymore Horde Questgivers who give you anymore quests like that in the future.
-Wait for the next expansion knowing that Blizzard will fill it with Horde quests about killing Alliance members for no good reason.

28 Likes

As funny as that was I can only pray that never crosses their mind lol

2 Likes

I actually think the Orc and Human heritage armor quests and the armor itself will probably parallel one another.

I could see each being tasked with patrolling and assisting with Orc/Human settlements in and around their capital cities. Such tasks would include rebuilding farms and homesteads wrecked by war or cataclysm, reuniting an old soldier returning from war with his family, and driving off an encroaching third party force that poses a new (but likely not that dire) threat all while saving a ragtag collection of the other races that are dependent on their strength for survival - all with the message that this is what it truly means to be human/orc! For the Alliance/For the Horde!

And then at the end they just get an even higher definition version of the basic city guard armor.

2 Likes

Alliance:

• Human: Since humans can come from all walks of life and heritages to end up in Stormwind, I would have their heritage armor touch on the retaking of Stromgarde and the tale of King Thoradin. Reliving the ancient past through long-forgotten rituals, to see how he united mankind. Then maybe some breadcrumb as to what Thoradin is up to in the Shadowlands, as he certainly wouldn’t be sitting idle.
  • Night Elf: Rather than looking to nelves’ past (which has been done quite extensively), I’d focus on a questline to reestablish the future. Maybe a phased thing in Nordrassil or Hyjal in general, with them rebuilding there, or securing/fortifying Ashenvale in-game rather than as a footnote in a short story somewhere.
  • Draenei: Perhaps a questline where a group of draenei (perhaps with some curious Lightforged who have never seen this part of their history) going to Shattrath to meet with A’dal (if he’s still there), and hinting at the plans of the Light as a whole (or lack thereof). My personal hope would be something hinting towards the Light’s benevolence and that there is a divide between that mindset and the whole Xe’ra “Lightbound” aspect of things. Following that, they’d journey to Auchindoun and grant peace to the souls there, taking as many as they can back and away 'til this Shadowlands business is sorted out. Maybe drop some hints at what’s going on in Draenor with Yrel and company.

Both:

• Pandaren: A wandering journey with Chen and Li Li, or maybe Ji and Aysa. Something to talk about the pandaren’s place in the world (maybe as potential mediators between the Horde and Alliance), and what Pandaria is doing. Maybe establishing a form of national leadership there, with the Mantid/Old Gods/Sha/Mogu kinda dealt with?

Horde:

• Orc: I’m kinda drawing a blank on this besides, “Go to Outland, talk with ancestors at Oshu’gun, etc.” Maybe some plot thread leaning towards healing Outland and keeping it from degrading further, somehow?
  • Troll: Having the player walk the path of the Shadow Hunter, like Vol’jin did in his short story. Witnessing what was and what could be while being both guided and deceived by the Loa and spirits of the journey, to sift truth from it all and emerge triumphant, etc.
  • Undead: While rebuilding sections of Lordaeron, uncover the secret tomb of Lordaine (its namesake leader), or something. Speak with an echo of him to get a situation similar to the human trials up there. Establish both what makes Forsaken like their living selves and what makes them different. ALTERNATIVELY, and this is a big maybe, something regarding the reformation of Forsaken leadership into a new Desolate Council.
6 Likes

…we both know the actual Pandaren Heritage quest line Blizzard actually gives us will 90% likely be about brewing booze and getting wasted.

8 Likes

I think any quest for orcs and draenei at least need to go back to Outland at the very least. Not Draenor, Outland.

Orcs go to Nagrand and connect with the spirits at Oshu’gun. Remember that they’ve gone through a lot but now they are stronger than ever and thrving. Maybe even give them giant to fight or something. Then get an Outland styled orcish armor (make something that looks to blend the aesthetic of the New Horde orc, not something WoD Draenor ish).

Draenei however go to Zangarmarsh where are they do some noise to remember the hardships after the Fall of Shattrath, how they eventually overcame those hardships to thrive on Azeroth. Their armor will look more like those old draenei pictures form TBC as opposed to the usual silverish plate purple crystals on it.

10 Likes

Now we’re getting some good suggestions here.

1 Like

Considering what they did with the Monk class hall quests…
That is tragically accurate.

The age gap would make this more upsetting than charming. Talanji was hearing stories of Vol’jin when she was a girl, at which point Rokhan was already an old man.

3 Likes

I’m more willing to believe they’re setting up zappy boi for a romance with talanji, or some un names and gender non specific character they’ve yet to decide.

2 Likes

Rokhan and Zekhan are not simply non-Zandalari trolls, but probably too low-class to considered suitable suitors to the Queen…

Eh, wait, do trolls out of Zandalar even have a class structure? Does Zandalar ITSELF have a class structure? We know is has castes, but that’s not quite the same. There’s a royal family, are there nobles? High ranking merchants? Who does Talajani have to pick from as her spouse?

… how does/did the royal family become the rulers? Has it been the same family all this time (probably not after +10,000 years), or are they just the latest? I’m guessing Rezan probably has to vet any potential candidates for the throne as being worthy. I’d imagine that (up until he was killed) every Zandalari ruler had to be a worshiper or even priest of Rezan. If the current ruler had no children who Rezan considered worthy, would the Loa of Kings just pick whoever troll he felt most embodied the ideals of rulership to be the new king, regardless of what that troll’s previous station in life had been?

Sorry for the digression.