Here we are..season 3

It’s almost as if people use different gear sets for arena than they do in raids.

and you can still see their rating and arena teams. Couldn’t see separate gear set ups in the old armory, some players used to log off naked to avoid people looking at it

Ironforge doesent update the best. Don’t get me wrong it’s better than nothing and I’m thankful for it, but the armory used to update fast. I want to be able to see what teams people are facing. Who they are losing to among other things. If you go up to 1850 and drop back down to 1750 that same session ironforge wont recognize that. And doesent track that much detail.

Edit: I don’t even know why I’m trying to explain it to you. You wouldn’t understand unless you pvp. Not sure why players with 0 pvp interest click on a title of “season 3”

1 Like

Still not seeing the big deal, most big pvpers stream, you can watch it all in real time, you have so much more data to copy and steal from better players than you than just looking at the little data the old armory used to provide.

I wanna see the authentic TBC feature of WoW armory!

I already listed reasons why. You are just choosing to ignore them and saying stupid things. You have no idea what you are talking about and don’t pvp. It also doesent matter what it does and doesent provide. The fact that they said this was “coming soon” and it’s been MONTHS is just sad. The fact that if we didn’t have ironforge pro. We wouldn’t even see a “ladder.”

Whether not any of you personally value or like the armory is irrelevant. The fact is that it was part of the original BC expansion, and thus should be in TBC Classic. I can claim that I dislike feature X, Y, or Z, but that has no bearing on whether or not it should be in the game now.

4 Likes

Are you actually trolling or are you this much of a Blizzard shill? Serious question.

How is that trolling? He’s right.

He’s a troll. Dude got destroyed on the arena forums all summer especially after the MVP basically proved he was lying about his several “rank ones.” So basically he is doing the same on this sub forum now. He was so spammy on the arena forums someone made a post on how to ignore people with hidden character histories lol.

Notice how the troll above me (same person as you replied to) actually defended him.

I’m not trolling though, all the same information people want from Armory is done better and with more detail from other addons and websites

Personally, I used to look up opposing arena teams we lost to in arena or just completely rolled to compare gear. It was useful to know if one of us just outgeared the other or we just did something wrong if we lost. Then we could modify our strat against that particular comp. It has it’s uses.

3 Likes

Just wait for Classic Wrath like the rest of us.

Two weeks later and still no news.

Can we get an update on the status of this feature, Blizzard?

1 Like

Armory would be nice.

1 Like

Armory served 2 purposes:

1. A way to look at your toon while not in-game
  2. A screening tool for PuGs (which was frequently abused)

We can do without it.

Already been discussed:

Additionally, the Armory replacements that exist, third-party and otherwise, are just as abusable. In-game inspect and raid-log check are no less subject to abuse.

EDIT: I’ll give two use-cases for the armory that I’ve had over the past two days.

1. Leading a group and a BoP JC recipe drops. AH value is ~350g. The group agrees that JCs should need, others greed. Without the Armory, there is no way to verify which players are actually JC, given that nobody had JC-only gems.

2. Met a player while leveling an alt who invited my main to his progression-raiding-focused guild. Without the Armory, I have no way of knowing what the name of his guild is unless we are both online at the same time.

There are myriad uses for being able to view characters when they aren’t logged in.

1. Viewing the opposing team’s gear after an arena match.

Everyone wears the same gear.

:man_shrugging:

Wouldn’t effect anything other than the forum trolls and wanna be pros playing elitist till they lose interest and the fad wave keeps on rolling away to the next “thing”.