Here me out

I will happily admit that I was so used to Retail Northrend and how fast it took to lvl. I was surprised that I forgot that Northrend leveling was not a fast experience if you quested. And I’m glad it’s taking so long to level. You get to enjoy the story for each zone and get to sight see. Grizzly Hills music is just perfect.

1 Like

I am glad you are enjoying this play through. I enjoyed it my first time through in OG wrath too.

but now it is just painful. almost 74 so I should be 80 just in time to run a few heroics before the raid opens but I just don’t know if I am gonna make it. shameless plug I know but RDF would have helped me a lot

1 Like

I’m not in a hurry to 80, but I can see why people who want to raid on day 1 are feeling pressure.

All I can say is: Naxx will still be there if you need another week to level and get gear from heroic dungeons.

Enjoy the journey to avoid feeling burnout at the destination.

It really speeds up at 77 with flight. I was averaging 4-5 hours per level prior to 77, but it drops to like 3-4 once you get flight. Alts will have flight from the get go, rested EXP, and possibly heirlooms.

look i hate to sound like that guy but… it sounds like you want to play retail.
really, i mean, this is not supposed to be an insult.

you want quicker leveling and rdf. thats retail. classic is slow and grindy, and work and commitment.

i get that as adults we cant commit to a video game like we used to and thats why im so happy we are fortunate enough that blizzard has transformed retail to suit our needs as we have grown since we have quite literally been their target player base from the start.

some people can commit like we used to, and a lot of kids WANT to commit like we used to.

never was I in such awe as sophomore year when peyton m. showed me his 3 level 80 chars, and all geared. i thought “woah… i want my characters to look that cool. be that strong.”

in retail im like “woah, im making a new mage and will be raid ready in 1 week, see you then!”

2 Likes

I play retail too and I know for a fact that I would rather play classic… I just want to play classic endgame.

I will get there playing my 2-3 hours a night, but I am not going to lie and say it has been a fun experience

1 Like

This right here. The grind to 80 is tough, but only on your first character.

1000%. People are racing through dungeon spams but hey we all have different taste and priorities. Grizzly Hills is my all time favorite map, the music brings me joy. I was happy during Legion when they added a similar map (Stormheim). I can literally stay in Northrend forever.

2 Likes

I’ve played through all those quests like 30+ times, so personally, I don’t read a single quest because I pretty much know every single quest by heart.

Individual experience. I’d much rather have random dungeon finder with random people and do quests in between, than mindless dungeon grind everone is doing.

How’s playing with 4 other guildies for 12 hours straight for 10 days is more social than giving an opportunity to RDF level?

How’s going 1-70 solo now is more social? Because 1-70 world is dead. And it will be dead until next JJ50%

Dungeon leveling is slower than solo questing.

not on a healing class. and even as a tanking class queues would be almost instant which would probably result in at least a comparable xp/hour

Sure it is.

Considering that healers are the bottleneck while leveling, I kind of doubt this. My comparison though is between Dungeon Leveling groups (which are instant, and constant) vs solo questing.

Solo questing is considerably faster. I personally prefer grinding dungeons, but RDF and dungeon grinding are not synonymous.

fair enough, you make a good point.

I would still like to have the option of questing or spamming RDF without having to spend a half hour per dungeon staring at my screen not playing while I try to find a group in chat and then fly to a dungeon

Dungeon grinding was super popular/efficient for classic, and if your group is good you definitely can get great EXP per hour.

That being said not sure dungeon grinding in pugs via RDF would get you that kind of exp per hour

My guild had planned to raid day 1 and I was getting worried because I am only 73 1/2 but I looked an the GM is only 72. Needless to say I do not think we will be raiding day 1.

Well, if you had rushed to 80 and started heroics early, you’d be looking at people mostly doing World Tour groups where we are doing all heroics as a group. It’s an interesting time…

In any case though, you certainly don’t have to stop questing to use the Group Finder tool to form dungeons, even if you’re the one forming the group! It certainly doesn’t slow me down.

You can make a macro (or use alt-up arrow to repost your previous post) and post in /LookingForGroup periodically, while questing.

Already uninstalled because of how UNFUN leveling is.

Sub expires in 30 minutes, can’t wait.

WOTLK is overrated.

thanks for logging onto the forums to post this

Would you rather have RDF posts?

my reply was in reference to the gentleman informing us of his sub ending in 30 minutes and that he had uninstalled, not your post