Here is what you will see in New AV

So Korraks in classic

Ahh figured it was a pug since no one was above rank 9 except one rank 11…

But now that you say that it makes sense cuz they were playing more organized than most pugs.

Yeah, it’s how the lower rank premades roll. They tried to play the high rank premade strategies and got wrecked over and over again by horde recalls because they don’t have any pvp gear yet.

The triangle strat allows them to entrench themselves and trap us in the southern portion of the map. They still have voice comms and we don’t, giving them the advantage despite their lack of good gear.

Here’s what’s gunna happen. Rankers will all run WSG premades. AV alliance side will only have players LF rep. Horde will have 2 hour queues. If you enjoy AV this is gunna suck, but if wanted WSG to be meta this a great change.

1 Like

If you live in the dark ages of 2005 sure… not now … the bridge gets rolled easy… use the back door which has a Blizzard welcome mat for horde

By the time horde are at the bridge in numbers, its game over for alliance anyway and just a farm-fest for horde.

2 Likes

I disagree. At the beginning of the BG patch, Alliance weren’t dropping queues and creating 15-20v40 games like we’ve been experiencing for a couple weeks now. But they were still premading, practically from day one.

Alliance will still be premading AV, imo. It’ll still be better HPH hands down then WSG Premades can ever be, regrettably.

All this will do is force all of the Alliance Rankers back into a mega-discord server with numbered AV channels. Because you can no longer see the AV number on queue pop, it’ll go something like this:

1. Everyone in the discord queues at once, potentially hundreds (or even thousands) of players.
  2. Queues pop instantly because they’re Alliance. With no ability to see BG number, they all take the queue.
  3. Once inside of the BG, they mouseover the BG symbol on their mini map and find out what number AV they’re in. They then all join the channel in discord corresponding to that AV.

This will likely still put 25-35 premaders together in each AV. That was how the Alliance were doing it before they figured out how to streamline the process by just queue dropping until they got all 40 of them in there, and it’s how the Alliance will have to do it going forward, because AV will still be the best HPH.

I don’t think the Alliance will have a choice. WSG Premades never even held a candle to AV hph, even when the BG patch first dropped, even before the Alliance found a way to streamline the entire thing so that they were farming up to 500-600k honor per day.

The gap is just too big still.

1 Like

/afk

That the best name you could come up with for a troll posting character?

Maybe not show the AV number any place then?
It kind of has no use really, so…

sounds like you are running into premades abandoning the queue which makes all the filler players join late and spread out, which is a loss almost every time with little honor, these premades are no good for the solo Alliance player.

1 Like

Personally, I think it’s fine that Alliance are able to Premade. You guys have instant queues because we’re the overwhelmingly majority faction. Let Alliance take advantage of that and premade.

Where I personally draw the line is the uneven, imbalanced games that have been screwing over Alliance Pugs for weeks now.

This fixes that by giving Alliance Rankers no reason to drop queue over and over again anymore. Altogether, this should make for a healthier meta.

We’ll have to see how it pans out though first.

People will join as premades and win in 7mins.

Pugs will still get in to matches with sub than 20 and games won’t start for abit.

After awhile the crappy premade groups will work out how to join as a raid again

That’s literally every single pug AV right now, so it’s not ‘new’ at all.

we killed him with 15 people and 1 healer. he’s really not all that strong it’s the zerg under him.

Maybe you’re right, but you can’t guarentee premades anymore. A 1 hour long game of being farmed by horde at SHGY because you got unlucky will ruin your honor for the day. I know that can happen in WSG as well, but you have control of your group and your comp. Without full premades AV has better potential but is gunna too unpredictable to rely on for honor/hr. My AV discord is already dropping AV. Plans are in place to become a premade WSG discord. The meta is absolutely gunna change

So almost like you’re going to pvp like it was Vanilla again?

Well my guild absolutely loves WSG so they’ll be happy if that is indeed the shift.

I’m curious to see what happens. Truth be told, I expect to see a lot more pvp happening in every AV. The DR change is going to make longer AVs more lucrative for Horde, and maybe more lucrative for Alliance as well.

You missed my point entirely, so yeah…

I don’t disagree with you, AV isn’t my favorite BG either (I’ll take AB I’ve WSG any day). So I think it’s a good thing for the overall pvp community. But like I said before if you truly enjoy AV and you’re horde this sucks, because alliance are about to completely drop AV. Horde queues are a out to get super long for AV.

You guys will still have 30 min queues for WSG, u less a bunch of alliance pvp’ers come back. I doubt that will happen at this point though. The damage is done to the pvp community imo

No i understood your point. You’re all about the Honour grind and if you cant premade Av it’s not worth it for you.

But in Wsg you will have to get past 10 Horde players to win, rather than just zerging a npc.

As it was in Vanilla.

Maybe… ill be in WSG ranking up instead