Herbalism ranks

Howdy, I have 135 in herbalism skill, but only rank 1 in each herb. How do I rank them up if the trainer won’t give me the quests? I’m not getting any drops for quests from the herbs themselves. I do have rank 2 winterkiss, but that’s it.

I think it’s a combination of quests from herbalism trainer and random quest drop as you gather.

Most are random drops from looting herbs, one comes from killing some bees I think, a couple come from quests from the trainer. I still only have rank 2 of winter’s kiss.

What skill level is your herbalism? Perhaps the quests wont appear until a certain threshold?

The Rank 2 quests’ threshold is level 50/150 I believe, and 145/150 for the next set of quests. As the OP said their skill is at 135, those quests should have popped already.

If your quest log is full you’ll miss the popup quest, this happened to me a few times.

1 Like

But they should still be able to see an available quest from the trainer, I believe.

Not all rank increase quests are from the trainer though, rather discovery from gathering.

I got rank3 on all except winter’s kiss, probably because I don’t gather it much.

In BFA Herbalism and BFA Mining, the rank 2 quests come from the trainer. You still have to complete the quest and turn it in, but it starts at the trainer in BFA.

OP (Noobkiller) says he didn’t get them at 25 or 50 or 75, so something must be wrong. One person suggested that his quest log is full (25 quests). I don’t know what else it could be.

Just found out that Winterkiss rank2 is from a quest and rank3 from gathering. Look at the herbalism book and click on the herb, it’ll tell you how to get the next rank.

I got Frigid boon, the quest for rank 3, less than 10 minutes of gathering winterkiss.

Thanks for the replies everyone. Apparently, I leveled this toon through BFA zones with herbalism and then I changed to enchanting after hitting 120. I had to relearn the ranks!

Their is a tome of BfA herbalism that will re-teach you the ranks you learned the first time you leveled the profession, sold by the trainer I believe. Otherwise, the quests are non-repeatable, hence them not popping up for you.