Herb Farming on EF

Day 1- 15-20 mins 1 full circle around winterspring just after server maintenance at 1100 est = 6x mountain silversage 1x Ice cap, zero black lotus.

Try again.

The Black lotus nerf increased the amount of players actively looking for herbs.

At this point it’s normal. Wait few days until everything go back to normal.

Yep, world herbing is a waste of time right now. For sure it’s best to farm something else for until the lotus craze calms down.

Server maint, 3am, 8pm when people are raiding, doesn’t seem to matter.

1 Like

So 20 minutes of time and you didn’t find something. Wow, I’m sure blizzard will read this and mail you a stack of lotus.

They decreased scarcity but did not give you a guaranteed drop. Put the actual work in or don’t. Either way this post is stupid.

4 Likes

Yo holy cow we were in an AB the other day.

Also I agree with what you said in regards to BL.

Dawg…

That’s just not enough time spent. It’s as simple as that.

Lotus are still meant to be rare commodities…you aren’t just going to find it in just 1 circle around Winterspring.

Even in 2004/05…20 minutes wouldn’t land you a lotus a vast majority of times.

They are still meant to be rare finds. The thing is now your average player that does not have 10 alt scouts parked on every lotus spawn 24/7 actually has a chance to get them where as before they were impossible to obtain for anyone who was not a botter or massive sweaty.

1 Like

Yeah, you gotta put in more time than that (which kinda makes sense given the in game value of the reward). If I want a lotus realistically I’ve gotta ride my pony around (with all available speed boosts) for a couple of hours at a non peak time. That’s the cost, but it’s alright… watching your pony running around… plaguebats can’t catch me… even those diagonally sprinting plaguehound runts are basically invisible to me at this point… my pony is just jumping over those rat dogs like they’re nothing

Its also pushed the price down a little on the good stuff, but that’s ok because I am still making a killing.

I guess the assumption “right after server maintenance, every herb will be up” is simply false. It was a good idea, but it didn’t work. I’ve tried that method too. It didn’t work for me either.

15-20 minutes isn’t “farming”. That is “testing”. Real farmers spend 4-6 hours on a run, not 15-20 minutes.

“Rare” means if you farm 8 hours you might get 1 or 2 – on a server with low competition. If the competition is high, you won’t get any.

The game has had “rare herbs” for many years. They always work this way.