'hemingways gun' 9/9H/2/2H Recruiting

'hemingways gun’ is an old guild on the joined realms of Khazgoroth and Dath’Remar. Originally, we began on Proudmoore, but migrated here when Australian realms were made.

The TL;DR version of this post is this:

Raid: Sunday night, 8 to 11, Sydney time.

During the week, we do mythics, an occasional normal, achieves, and so forth.

Looking for: Dps, a mixed of ranged and melee. Full on ret pallies, hunters, and warlocks.

Heals: Right now a new healer might have to dps for a few fights, so it’d be nice if you enjoyed both healer and dps rolls. We are totally full on healing monks, I am afraid.

Now, for the full thing:

‘hemingways gun’ has raided since Wrath. At the time, we raided heroic 10man, and did that through the next few Xpacs until 10man disappeared and flex appeared. Since then, we have been a mostly heroic guild of between 12/15 players who have raided heroic content. We raid one night a week, on a Sunday, between 8 and 11 Sydney time.

We are looking to recruit for our raid to grow it. Anyone who has raided in small guilds on heroic content in BfA will recognise that Bliz are not really scaling their content for smaller raids. None of it is impossible, but if you ever killed heroic Zul with 10 players, you’ll realise what an unnecessary hassle it was.

We would like to grow to around 20 and a few over. That would allow us the choice of a few mythic bosses once we finish heroic. To allow for that, we would like to recruit about 2 to 3 dps of various kinds and 1 healer. We’re already a functioning raid, so we have 2 tanks, 3 healers, and about 11 dps. We’re all geared in the mid to the late 400s. Ideally you would be as well, but it’s no hassle to gear if you’re going to stick around.

Our dps requirements are pretty open. We want to keep a balance of melee and ranged. We’re probably full on Ret Paladins, warlocks, and hunters, but we’re pretty open to classes in general. We don’t have a shaman, for example. A boomkin would be nice. A DK with a tank offset would also be welcome.

Our healer requirements are a bit more strict. We don’t need any monks. We have two. Also, anyone who applies to heal at the moment will likely have to dps for a bit, just until we grow.

Our guild is an old guild. If you’re wondering who it’ll suit, it’s someone who has played for a while, but who has commitments outside the game, such as family, work, studies. A lot of us have been playing from vanilla, so you should look at the medium age of the guild as 30+. We’re also a female friendly, gay friendly, all kinds of friendly guild. I say this because sometimes it matters for people.

Over the years, most of our recruitment has been friends of friends and so forth. People who show tend to stay. So, if you’re looking for a chill environment where bosses get killed, mythic pluses get run, pvp happens, people talk about films and books and someone makes some bad jokes, drop us a line. You can either whisper for an officer, or you can hit me up on my btag, which is Xaki#1258.