Helya banished(Cutscene)

The Primus is truly impressive considering he casually banished Helya with a stamp of his staff.

The Jailer is being cut off from all of his allies before 9.2… Either what the Jailer finds in the Sepulcher makes up for this or the Jailer is the Mid-Expansion Boss!

7 Likes

I think this is one of my most favorite ingame generated cinematic so far. I know there is a part of me that is suppose to pity her after what Odyn did but man, seeing the Primus cut her off mid rant is just so satisfying.

8 Likes

I wonder where he banished her to…

Seems she, Mueh’zala, Denathrius and Azshara are all being saved for later!

As she herself notes she is not the Jailer’s underling but an ally working alongside the Jailer.

The Jailer’s allies Mueh’zala, Helya and Denathrius are all being cut off from the Jailer while his Minions Devos, Lysonia, Vyraz, Gharmal, Ner’zhul, the Eye of the Jailer, the Tarragrue, the Nine Valkyr of Sylvanas and Kel’Thuzad are all being killed off!

The Jailer has been losing faster than any Big Bad we’ve encountered aside from Grom!

Deathwing, Arthas, Garrosh, the Legion and N’Zoth have all taken time to defeat yet the Jailer is all pathetic!

9 Likes

One one hand I do not want to be a person who goes around and complains all the time.

On the other, I do not get the dialogue. It’s like the lines for Katrana “I am an obviously oh so utterly evil person” Prestor in Classic.

It also fails to show why Helya is a powerful opponent, or why we should be afraid of the Jailer and his allies, especially in the Maw.

I mean, I guess it’s time to show that the Primus is cool and all, but… whatever.

gl hf

15 Likes

God, ever since the original Sylvanas-lamp-val’kyr plot was scrapped (there’s no way the Jailer was even an idea yet at that point in Legion), Helya has literally zero place in the lore, and she’s just so hilariously, unbelievably out of place in all of this. I hope she was banished to retcon land, because she doesn’t work anymore now that her original plotline was canned.

27 Likes

It shows that the Jailer’s Mawsworn Kyrian creator is gone.

The Mawsworn Kyrian have been a nuisance every time we are in the Maw for Story Questlines! The Mawsworn Kyrian constantly divebomb our location so not having to deal with them in the later Patches of Shadowlands is a good thing.

The Jailer as you noted has shown no sign of being an impressive villain and despite hurryingly moving to his End Game as soon as possible is clearly a cornered rat!

His motives are also lackluster as his goal was to attack his allies to obtain the Keys to the Sepulcher and it’s secrets!

He is more of a Reckless Scholar than a threatening Supervillain!

Even with all the Anima he only just equals the actual War Combatant of the Eternal Ones: The Primus!

4 Likes

Nah, I’m entirely sure the idea of Shadowlands was being kicked around in Legion.

I think somewhere between the Legion Cinematic (Showing Sylvanas as outright heroic and saving Varian) , and actually finishing the zones for alpha testing is when the general idea for SL’s overarching plot was probably written up.

4 Likes

But the lamp was obviously just to control Eyir so that she could be enslaved and resurrect Forsaken like the Val’kyr. That’s so clearly part of the scrapped Sylvanas arc where her real motivation was Forsaken longevity. And that was the plot from Cata to Legion. The lamp makes zero sense with this brand new “Sylvanas wants to remake Death” plot. That garbage didn’t exist until late Legion or BfA’s start.

Until mid/late Legion, Sylvanas did care about her people, and was motivated by increasing and stabilizing Forsaken bodies. It’s insane to me that people have gaslit themselves into believing that Sylvanas’ selfish plot with the Jailer was thought up after Edge of Night or something. This is a recent retcon, people.

43 Likes

The lamp could have served a greater purpose and also helped the forsaken and bolstered her support as warchief.

I mean, I wouldn’t be too surprised if you were correct, but it does fit in with their eventual plans to ruthlessly beat her down with the villain bat.

6 Likes

As much as I like her, poor Helya constantly gets the short end of the villain-stick. She doesn’t seem intimating at all, despite being a supposedly powerful character. She was beaten twice in Legion, gets sassed and axed in the face in the maw intro scene by Jaina and Thrall and seemingly gets banished mid-monologue by the Primus.

“Oh look, Helya is here - why should I care again?” :man_shrugging:

21 Likes

She makes deals with every Villain Group: The Old Gods, the Legion and the Jailer!

She as a result has access to 2 groups of Villains: Mawsworn, Valkyr and Kvaldir.

She can create entire Zones! She may not be powerful but she is useful to Villains as an agent and in working with them she gets more power over time!

Of course to create Kvaldir, Valkyr and Mawsworn she needs Vrykul… She needs a Titan Forge created by Khaz’goroth which when combined with her Planar creating power will make her a more visible nuisance! She could easily be the Garrosh to her WoD!

Helya if given the proper tools can be the instigator of an Expansion where she dies and is replaced with a new Villain we of Azeroth encounter on the Planet she used as a Base of Operations!

1 Like

But they’re failing at that, too. That’s the problem with making the villains look stupid. Even a stupid good-guy can take down a stupid villain.

14 Likes

What a wonderful story. Male character enslaves and dominates female character who takes revenge on said character only to become evil and ultimately silenced mid- crazy rant and put back in her place by another male character.

Truly in tune with the changing times.

22 Likes

Name a more iconic due than Blizzard and repeating problematic writing tropes involving women.

19 Likes

No, it is the Konosoba of gender equality and I am all for it. I have no qualms when I beat down evil male characters/try to stop their stupid rant/banish them like Sargeras, why should female character get special treatment?

10 Likes

Hopefully next time Helya shows up she gets rid of Odyn in the process!

As for her crimes: She held Illidan hostage, ordered Lysonia to remove the shields protecting Bastion, helped Lysonia ascend to Mawsworn and preforms brutish torture to her prisoners(Souls that wind up in Helheim and the Maw).

Kel’Thuzad committed heinous atrocities, Ner’zhul did too, Sylvanas as well and Denathrius orchestrated the rise of the Burning Legion…

Helya seems tame in comparison…

Helya seems to have done little in comparison to Sylvanas, the Jailer and Odyn…

5 Likes

I keep coming back to the Jailer/Primus/Runecarver speculation, why should the Primus have such easy control over Helya?

I started off this expansion trusting the Primus more than any of the rest of the Eternals…but some of the “leaks” and such I’ve seen have me over here side-eyeing the Primus like… :thinking:

5 Likes

Blizzard and repeating problematic writing tropes for gameplay races based on POC

19 Likes

Because hes an eternal one, a being supposed to be equal powerfull compared to the titans

The Primus displays more power in this one cutscene than any Eternal has the entire expansion, including Denathrius, heck even more than Zovaal who lost control of Anduin temporarily.

Yet the Primus can control literal demi-gods like they are nothing.

8 Likes