Help/harm macro

Hello macro gurus. I use the below macro to save on keybinds:

#showtooltip
/cast [combat,@mouseover,help,dead] [combat,help,dead] Rebirth; [help,dead] Revive; [mod:shift,@focus,harm,nodead] [@mouseover,harm,nodead] [] Cyclone

I also have this macro:

#showtooltip Overgrowth
/cast [target=player] Innervate
/cast [@mouseover,help,nodead] Overgrowth; Overgrowth

I am trying to figure out a way to combine the 2. Basically, when targeting an enemy it cyclones, shift press cyclones my focus, and also has mouseover cyclone capabilities. If my target is friendly but DEAD, it tries to revive or rebirth, depending on combat. However when targeting a friendly thats alive, I would like it to Innervate me followed by casting Overgrowth. Is this macro possible?

For the basics, pins are your friend.

Not possible. If you’re testing if your target is friendly then it’ll also cast the spell on your target.

As for the rest:

#showtooltip
/cast [combat,@mouseover,help,dead] [combat,help,dead] Rebirth; [help,dead] Revive; [mod:shift,@focus,harm,nodead] [@mouseover,harm,nodead] Cyclone; [@mouseover,help,nodead] [help] Overgrowth; Cyclone

You can self-innervate after the cast. But this macro is also over the 255 limit.

#showtooltip
/cast [combat,@mouseover,help,dead] [combat,help,dead] Rebirth; [help,dead] Revive; [mod:shift,@focus,harm,nodead] [@mouseover,harm,nodead] Cyclone; [@mouseover,help,nodead] [help] Overgrowth; Cyclone
/stopmacro [@mouseover,harm] [@mouseover,dead] [harm] [dead]
/cast [@player] Innervate

Not in a single macro, but assuming the chain of spells requested is possible it can be done in a single button press with macro-chaining.

If I understood your needs correctly they can be expressed like this:

IF SHIFT AND HARMABLE FOCUS THEN
    CYCLONE FOCUS
ELSEIF HARMABLE MOUSEOVER THEN 
    CYCLONE MOUSEOVER
ELSEIF HARMABLE TARGET THEN 
    CYCLONE TARGET
ELSEIF HELPABLE DEAD TARGET AND OUT OF COMBAT THEN
    REVIVE TARGET
ELSEIF HELPABLE DEAD TARGET AND IN COMBAT THEN
    REBIRTH TARGET
ELSEIF HELPABLE LIVE TARGET THEN
    INNERVATE SELF
    OVERGROWTH
END

I think this should do it.

#showtooltip
/cast [help,dead,nocombat]Revive;[help,dead,combat]Rebirth;[@focus,harm,nodead,mod:shift][@mouseover,harm,nodead][harm,nodead]Cyclone
/click [help,nodead]BarXButtonY

In another macro placed on BarXButtonY you need this:

/showtooltip
/cast [@player]Innervate
/cast Overgrowth

You’d need to discover the button frame name that I’ve used the placeholder “BarXButtonY” for - use /fstack to do that, place the second macro there, and substitute exactly that button’s frame name for BarXButtonY.

This assumes that you can actually cast Innervate on yourself and that you can cast Overgrowth immediately after. Since Innervate doesn’t appear to be on the GCD you should be good if you can do so.

Your icon’s gonna be messed up with the last option (the Live Friendly Target one) because “click” doesn’t show the icon of the button it clicks.

There is a workaround for that but it’s ugly and would require a THIRD macro to fit it all in. I’m assuming you’ll be okay with a “?” there unless you tell me you absolutely have to have a spell icon.

1 Like