Help with flying in SL

hey ya’ll need some help, I’ve avoided it and avoided it because it’s just so complicated. I’ve read the guides on Icy Veins but even with that I’m just not sure where to go from where I’m at.

Trying to get flying… I’ve hit the right renown now, I know that for sure. I’m at renown 52 and from what I understand only needed 42.

In chains of domination story I’m at 1/9 but the only thing in there is to help some guys in Korthia?

art of war campaign is at 6/9 but there’s alot in there and I don’t know which to concentrate on.

secrets of the first ones is at 1/7 but the quest i’m on in there i’m stuck on because I keep dying.

and I really dislike zereth mortis, it’s a complicated landscape and the last time i went in there i got lost and was constantly dying and everything seemed out of reach.

where do I go from here? what do I concentrate on now? I like to do one portion at a time usually like a check list, and it’s all over the place and I just am having a hard time understanding what to do. :confused: help?

Are you currently trying to unlock flying in the base 4 shadowlands zones? Or flying in Zerith Mortis? They are two separate things.

For the base four zones, you will need to complete the Chains of Domination storyline quests associated with renown level 44. (your quest log should indicate where to go to obtain the next quest you need)

For flying in Zerith Mortis, you will need to complete the achievement “Unlocking the Secrets”, which includes chapter 6 of the Zerith Mortis campaign. Both flying achievements are account wide once unlocked.

As for you being stuck, assuming the character you’re posting on is the one you’re trying to accomplish this with, you are simply way undergeared for it. Zerith Mortis is going to be difficult for anyone under ilvl 220. Like most patch content, it’s designed with people at a certain ilvl from the previous patch in mind. You’ll just have to raise your ilvl a bit, or find a group in your guild or whatnot who won’t mind helping you out a bit to get it completed.

1 Like

this is the character I’m working on. she’s my original, and always my first to go through content.

Yes, on the base four zones, I took a bit of a break to clear my mind for a while, and have come back and trying again, hence the “i’m lost” lol

Thank you for the info. I do appreciate it, now sure how to get better gear though? It doesn’t seem to drop off anything? there are ones that say upgradeable, but don’t know how that works either.

in chains of domination I got to the part where I’m helping Venari, but I died fighting some guys trying to help a kyrian out of a cage and the graveyard put me in a weird spot and I couldn’t find my way back. Got frustrated and logged out. :confused:

thank you for your help and advice, I do appreciate it!

To be honest one day I did not have flying. The next I opened my bag and had a drop like any other one.
Clicked on it for flying in SL, mounted up and …
I was not working toward unlocking, but I got it. Does not work in Maw and not been back to ZM in awhile, so as they said above me. May not work there.

Have fun

1 Like

Here’s a guide to Zerith Mortis catch up gear. It should be an easy way to get you into some 226 pieces.

Otherwise, all the usual ways to obtain gear apply. Heroic dungeons will be a good starting point and drop ilvl 223. Considering those are spammable through the LFG system, it would be an easy way to start getting upgrades. Once you reach a certain point, Mythic+ will be the next step to keep increasing your ilvl, and will also give you access to gear in the weekly vault.

Raid finder bosses will drop 239 once you’re able to queue for that as well. The world boss and world quests in ZM will also drop gear from time to time.

You should also work toward getting a legendary item, and as you progress through ZM storyline, eventually you’ll get a free legendary that you can equip at the same time as your other chosen one.

Best of luck on your journey, you can do it!

1 Like

Adding you can buy 226 gear in Zerith Mortis for 500 anima per swap.

You can still die in ZM but it makes the earlier stuff way easier!

1 Like

For anyone reading this and in response to the OP with regard to ilvl to enter ZM, I did fine on my warlock and and went into ZM with fresh set of covenant gear to boot. I really think it’s what class you play. Mages are squishy.