Help with Candy single button broker (TBC classic)

Hi

I’m using candy as a single button broker on retail, I prefer it over the bar types as I like to be able to split and put the different things I want at different spots than in one straight line at the top or bottom of the screen.
Looking at curseforge there is a version for classic, however, upon getting it I get bombarded with LUA errors to the point that I just have to force quit the game to be able to turn off the addon.

https://www.curseforge.com/wow/addons/candy

I was hoping that some of you wonderful people might know how I can fix this? I’ve been waiting patiently for the addon creator to update their addon, but the last was in 2019 so doubt it at this point.

1561x Candy\core.lua:285: attempt to index global 'C_PetBattles' (a nil value)
[string "@Candy\core.lua"]:285: in function `UpdateVisibility'
[string "@Candy\core.lua"]:660: in function `LockBars'
[string "@Candy\core.lua"]:532: in function `RestoreBars'
[string "@Candy\core.lua"]:170: in function `?'
[string "@Accountant_Classic\Libs\CallbackHandler-1.0\CallbackHandler-1.0-7.lua"]:119: in function <...sic\Libs\CallbackHandler-1.0\CallbackHandler-1.0.lua:119>
[string "=[C]"]: ?
[string "@Accountant_Classic\Libs\CallbackHandler-1.0\CallbackHandler-1.0-7.lua"]:29: in function <...sic\Libs\CallbackHandler-1.0\CallbackHandler-1.0.lua:25>
[string "@Accountant_Classic\Libs\CallbackHandler-1.0\CallbackHandler-1.0-7.lua"]:64: in function `Fire'
[string "@Accountant_Classic\Libs\AceEvent-3.0\AceEvent-3.0-4.lua"]:120: in function <...ccountant_Classic\Libs\AceEvent-3.0\AceEvent-3.0.lua:119>

Is it something simple as in remove some lines? Seem to be pet battle stuff tripping stuff up.
Would greatly appreciate some help!

The battle pet API is totally removed in classic. An addon attempting to use C_PetBattles is not designed for classic.

Are you sure you downloaded the right one? I downloaded the classic version and it ran without any apparent errors on classic.

https://www.curseforge.com/wow/addons/candy/download/2798381

edit: BCC has the backdrop issues, however.

Yeah, I downloaded the classic file. But yes, this is for tbc classic :frowning:

Anyone know how I can make it work? :pleading_face:

Which version are you trying to get working, Classic or BCC?

TBC classic

And you tried the exact file that Gello linked?

Yes! It’s the classic file. I even manually downloaded it.

Have you tried this fix?

You can just disable “Hide in pet battle”

I can’t see any option for disabling on the addon interface? Or do they mean by just removing those lines of code?
https://imgur.com/a/tZ5K01K

Right click your Candy Bar(s), select “Visibility Options”, second option from the bottom “Hide in Pet Battle”

This was checked by default on a new install of Candy Classic into the TBC game client so…

I haven’t had any errors with it on or off either so again…

Did you copy your retail settings to TBC prehaprs?

Thank you! Can’t believe I had not noticed that was an option!
For some fun reason it seems it doesn’t show the visibility option if the candy bar is locked.

No, did not copy retail settings to TBC.
Funnily enough not that long ago that I did a full ui reset.