Help Me Choose a Healer?

I’m looking at rolling a fresh toon on horde side and I’m trying to decide on a healer. I can’t play melee due to an ear thing, so I’m trying to decide between a few classes for BGs and maybe the occasional arena.

My choices are:
Disc Priest
Holy Priest
Shaman
Druid

What’s a solid class for PVP right now? What does well in BGs? Any input would be appreciated.

Druid is the best bet, easy to get into groups and very versatile for BG’s you can choose your fights , hang with a rogue hit squad

Tanky and very hard to lock down , if you go feral spec you can do some serious damage too

4 Likes

Yea what arete said.

Plus with the upcoming 8.3 changes, I’d stay clear of disc. It’s looking to take it on the chin because of being strong in raids.

1 Like

Is holy still pretty non-viable in BGs as well?

Holy is super strong in BG if you run with a team, Less forgiving though . So you need great awareness , ability to guess what the enemy is going to do.

has a bad stigma for other stuff like say Raids and Mythic runs so good luck getting in groups

You are most effective in team of 4 or more grouped up fights … small skirmishes you lose value

Thanks. It looks like I’ll probably roll a druid with maybe a priest alt. Hopefully they’ll stay viable a while after I hit 120. lol

1 Like

They won’t only because you said this. The Blizzard Balance God is a spiteful one :frowning:

1 Like

Every single class and spec in game is playable on a casual level. In BG’s even more so. Probably best off choosing a healer you’re already most comfortable with.

wanted to add an edit , I would hold off till 8.3 , there is going go to be a Mastery Nerf to druids of 9% , so this impact might be huge

Druid or Paladin.

The correct answer! Lots of utility, fun, quick to pick up for the most part. Essence makes you have wings OFTEN…I know it wasn’t in the original list of choices, but still.

1 Like

This may be what finally breaks my addiction to this game. Well, more specifically, my addiction to the Druid class, overall. This could be a good thing, on a personal level. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

If a flat 10% nerf to their healing output didn’t slow them down, I doubt a 9% mastery nerf will either.

3 Likes

That was not hitting what made them viable. The mastery nerf will hurt more

I expect a rework and buff

How is a flat 10% healing nerf not hurting what makes them viable? Heals make healers viable… Mastery heals with a bunch of hots will definitely hurt but in no way is it going to hurt more than a flat 10% nerf to every single heal…

What? Lol definitely zero rework… You know it’s mid expansion right? That basically never happens.

As for buffs… Maybe… Rdruid is S tier right now. They will still be good enough after this nerf. Hpally will probably take #1 spot but rdruid will likely be fine.

This is what we call a paper nerf. With how much stats we are about to attain, they are just bringing it down a bit to be more in line with where they are now.
It’s much like the Brewmaster nerf coming as well.

Also recall they did a rdruid nerf early in the xpac and it did basically f all

M A S T E R Y

Not in Mythic Raids (where this game is built around on for blizzard Ion)

RDruid is C- tier

So a flat 10% nerf to healing is less impactful than 9% (smaller) to a part of their healing. It’s definitely not more impactful :roll_eyes:

Who cares? In arenas they are s tier and they’re gonna still be good. Aren’t they also decent in m+? I thought the msi was mostly rdruids

The larger player base does. Aka the real money

Yes , due to how mastery works for a druid. Do you not understand the math?

Do you understand the difference between mastery vs ALL heals? You get a bigger heal the more hots you have on a target, it’s how resto druids get giant health bar topping regrowths. Guess what also affects that? A flat 10% nerf also reduces that regrowths heal. Guess what? It also affects all the hots you put on before you cast a giant regrowth.

10% to all heals is no less impactful than 9% to a part of the kit :roll_eyes:

Lol dude… The op is asking about PvP and you told him 9% might be too harsh and he should wait on druid :joy:

As an additional side note m+ is probably more popular than raiding and rduid was top tier for that.

This nerf is going to hurt but rdruid is still going to be good and is most definitely not getting a rework :joy: