Helm, Chest, Shoulders - Azerite Armor?

Do I need to complete Heroic or Mythic+0 to get these slots? I was told they are Azurite armor slots, the kind that have ranks or levels that come with abilities.

It’s kind of a lot to take in right now coming back right before SL, so I can try to fill these slots or just wait for Scourge event to get ilvl 100 in them. But if I can fill them now I would like to do that while I wait.

You can get azurite gear from any of the sources you get any gear in BfA content. So, dungeons, raids, world quests, emissaries, ect.

Of course, at this point, you don’t have to gear up as even regular questing gear should be fine in Shadowlands. (And Azerite gear won’t work there.) Although, gearing up is something to do right now while we wait.

Personally, if it were me, I’d focus more on “world” content vs. dungeons and raids just because that’s the path that will also help with unlocking stuff like allied races and BfA pathfinder, which will have still have value in Shadowlands. (And you can get decently geared — around ilvl 100 — just with world content.)

Here’s the basic progression for unlocking content in BfA:

1. Unlock World Quests. The quest you need to complete for this is “Uniting Kul Tiras” (A)/“Uniting Zandalar” (H). On your first 120, you’ll need to do the 3 foothold quests to unlock the boat travel to the 3 zones of the other faction for this quest to be available.
  2. Unlock Naz’jatar. The quest should pop up once world quests are unlocked. If not, you should be able to get it on the boat. The quest to start it is “The Wolf’s Offensive” (A) / “The Warchief’s Order” (H).
  3. Complete the quest chain to unlock essences. Magni will show up with the quest “Essential Empowerment” in Naz’jatar once you’ve established your base there. The final quest needed in that chain is “Harnessing the Power.”
  4. The start quest for the 8.3 questlines should pop up the next time you enter Boralus/Zuldazar (or relogging can trigger it.) The quest is “An Unwelcome Advisor” (A) / “Return of the Black Prince” (H).

So, that’s what I’d recommend as a starting point if you want something constructive to do while waiting for Shadowlands. You’ll also pick up a decent amount of gear along the way.

Thanks I will pick up where I am at to unlocking the world quests. Will the Azerite and HoA stuff still work in PvP when SL goes live?

I need to finish story to get the world quests and get my cloak.

I’m not aware that they’ve say anything explicitly about PvP, but I’d be surprised if Azerite gear in PvP instances is a thing in Shadowlands.